• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

joz411no

Reaction score
I just don't get why anyone (male or female) would wear something that they thought wasn't attractive, to themselves or others or both. Regardless of who or what they want to attract or if they simply want to please themselves, the sexuality from clothing can not be overlooked. It's why we wear different sizes, fits, colors, textures and fabric. Obviously not everyone is as attuned to what looks good on them but it certainly doesn't mean that they're not striving for something. And if anyone wants to take the sex, sexuality or anything related to attraction of how the women on this thread are portrayed, perhaps only mannequins or photos without faces should be posted. Other than this we should all just keep the whining to a minimum. Some of us are more sexually driven than others. It's kinda' what makes this thread interesting until people ***** all day.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I might say that clothes are sexual insofar as people are sexual creatures, but to suggest that sex/attraction is the only thing we can or should express through clothes is ridiculous. More than that, the idea the fashion/clothes = beauty, sexuality, etc is limiting and pedestrian. That you bring up mannequins/lack of faces is interesting. A while back I posted some pics from the Undercover Guru Guru collection, in which all the models wear masks, and only one shows any skin. Part of why it's one of favorite collections is the way the masks create this sense of depersonalization. The models barely seem human, let alone sexy. But then again, dehumanizing the models is problematic in itself. I dunno. At least clothes like that prompt me to think, and not just drool over ****.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I guess I might say that clothes are sexual insofar as people are sexual creatures, but to suggest that sex/attraction is the only thing we can or should express through clothes is ridiculous. More than that, the idea the fashion/clothes = beauty, sexuality, etc is limiting and pedestrian.

Dunno about you, but I sure as hell buy and wear clothes that I think make me look the best, not because I'm impressed by a designer's vision. Clothes are meant to compliment the person... I don't have a gallery of mannequins in my living room decked in unwearable fashunz.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Perhaps you guys should stay out of this thread and visit the lingerie threads then?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason I don't give a **** about the tight shirts/short skirts/high heels/Wicked Weasel lookbook kinda posts in here is not that I don't find them attractive in the larger scheme of things, it's that they're worthless to this thread. It's generic and by the numbers, it shows no appreciation for details, colors, textures, cut diversity, inventivity etc etc. It's the lowest common denominator when it's not missing the point entirely.

Nobody is asking anyone to like the **** some of us post, just maybe try to be a bit more selective/subtle/inventive ? I basically agree with AFL but for the sake of this thread, let's just say that sexy doesn't need to equal sexualized... or smthg.

/

lonestarteacher

Reaction score
Sit the **** back, don't post and learn something.

Cool your ******* jets and contribute to the thread like the rest of us.

Love these two ensembles and they'd go well with most races, sizes, and shapes of women. Variety is the spice of life.

Philip

Reaction score
lol 'races'...

Fred H.

Reaction score
My woman (not a girl any longer) really shines in St. John clothes...

The current ad campaign with Kate Winslet knocks the ball outtada park:

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dunno about you, but I sure as hell buy and wear clothes that I think make me look the best, not because I'm impressed by a designer's vision. Clothes are meant to compliment the person... I don't have a gallery of mannequins in my living room decked in unwearable fashunz.

this is so lame

lonestarteacher

Reaction score
lol 'races'...

Sorry, misspoke. Should have said ethnicities. It still remains something to think about however. Does a Russian look the same in a houndsooth peacoat as a Kenyan?

What does this even mean to you?

What does well mean to me? What does it mean to anyone? Do I want this woman next to me? Is this something that is visually appealing? Is it aesthetically pleasing in the grand scheme of where she's going, what she's doing, who she is in her core? I think we'd all be pressed to agree that a ball gown wouldn't look fashionable or "hot" doing garden work. Does what the woman is wearing and who she is in those clothes move your soul?

That's what well means to me.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lt65ahC5dx1qdhysro1_500.jpg
tumblr_lt658guoy81qdhysro1_500.jpg
tumblr_lcb4nakbHG1qbrt1xo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lr005qmS7x1r1kg6ko1_500.jpg
Cool your ******* jets and contribute to the thread like the rest of us.
all he'd probably link is a girl in his favorite hanes t. dat 3 pack goodness

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads