• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to stretch jeans?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt88
Ive got a pair of skinny leg jeans that are so tight around my groin and quad areas. They are my favouritre pair of jeans and I badly want to wear the again. What's the best way to stretch jeans?

From that description they would have to look pretty ridiculous. Just get a larger size or a fuller cut. srsly.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
I buy clothes that fit. who wants to wear something thats uncomfortable? especially in the upper quad and groin... I say figure it out on your own for being an idiot who buys stuff waaaay too small

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by morse9443
First of all, don't be a *****. Second of all, get this thang............. http://www.bakertowne.com/catalog/it...odpa=&unid=269
Link shows no product, so punchline was pretty lame. But I'm guessing a 'chafing dish'?
Originally Posted by whodini
Two words: disco. ball.
Heheh. I still wanna see pictures of this infamous thing.
Originally Posted by Doctor
I had a pair of particularly non-stretchable jeans that I really needed to loosen up. I just wore them and did everything in them. Lots of stretching, some running, went for a really long bike ride (which was difficult!) ert etc. My efforts paid off.
You're never gonna forgive those Momos for the pain, are you?
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
If they're only moderately tight, try sleeping in them for a few nights. Or wetting them a bit and doing some cardio, say, biking.
Most sensible solution.
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
give them to a very very large lady to wear continuously for about a week. That will do the trick.
By far the most creative and lazy-man's solution.
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
I buy clothes that fit. who wants to wear something thats uncomfortable? especially in the upper quad and groin... I say figure it out on your own for being an idiot who buys stuff waaaay too small
It's just not that simple with denim. And there's really no need for bashing the guy when he's asking a valid question. It wasn't a personal attack on you.

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard

By far the most creative and lazy-man's solution.

yes but also very effective n yields great and faster results
lol8[1].gif

sle-z-e

Reaction score
It's just not that simple with denim. And there's really no need for bashing the guy when he's asking a valid question. It wasn't a personal attack on you.[/quote]

People get shredded on sf for more valid questions than that. I realize denim isn't simple but i'm just saying, if it hasn't stretched out to even a wearable level through regular wear, could he maybe have sized up one? I think that its just not worth pushing the issue. Your jeans are too small. sorry

Edit: calling him an idiot was unnecessary haha i guess SF is just getting me to the point where if someone makes a simple mistake they must be a foooooooool

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e

People get shredded on sf for more valid questions than that. I realize denim isn't simple but i'm just saying, if it hasn't stretched out to even a wearable level through regular wear, could he maybe have sized up one? I think that its just not worth pushing the issue. Your jeans are too small. sorry

Edit: calling him an idiot was unnecessary haha i guess SF is just getting me to the point where if someone makes a simple mistake they must be a foooooooool

I agree, but why continue the problem? I sense you;re not that kind of guy. Teasing is fine, but newcomers get run off the forum with one bad experience.

Sizing up for some people results in bad fits. Properly fitting jeans are often uncomfortably tight before they're broken in. Dunno, but he may end up with a great fit.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DJ_YOOKS
Honestly the easiest way is douse yourself with water and to wear them and do stretches until they dry on your body. It worked on my Vintage 1966 Big E pants.

Honestly, I think gmku pointed out the easiest way.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
I agree, but why continue the problem? I sense you;re not that kind of guy. Teasing is fine, but newcomers get run off the forum with one bad experience.

Sizing up for some people results in bad fits. Properly fitting jeans are often uncomfortably tight before they're broken in. Dunno, but he may end up with a great fit.

Yeah i agree with that but from the way the op was worded, it sounded like he'd been wearing them for a while already. I can understand tho, if you drop some money on something that doesn't fit in one area, you're gonna want to try to fix it... (am i disagreeing with myself now?)

But you're right. It is an issue that doesn't need to continue. I'll leave the noob shredding to someone with much more experience than myself
smile.gif

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've got a pair of levis 514's that i think fit me perfect in the legs, but the waist is a bit snug, so i soaked the waistband and then wedged like 5 reams of paper (i have lots of printer paper for some reason) into the waist to stretch it out. after letting it dry, i got like an inch out of it, and now they fit way better.

that is all

konadog

Reaction score
i bought a pair of the prps black ramblers from the gilt sale. went tts, and while the waist was about perfect, the thighs and groin were really tight. wore them about 6 times with no stretch. thought about selling them. then i soaked them and went for a bike ride. they gave enough to be bearable. and after another day of regular wear they fit about perfectly.

on another note, last year i bought a pair of nudie even stevens off another member. they were sized down 2 and had been worn previously a few times. i tried to stretch them using the same method as above and it was a no-go.

i think if the jeans are new (and especially if they're raw) you'll likely be able to get stretch out of them. but if they've been worn quite a bit they're probably already at max stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics