• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Buy a Pocket Square

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still lack a basic white linen square
lookaround.gif

Dburr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Darnmor
Is this true? I have a few tie and square sets. Should I have split them?
Matching tie and square is a major, major faux pas. May as well wear yellow socks with your tux.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find white linen pocket squares boring as all get out. I will wear them to funerals, maybe to a job interview if I were going get another job, which I won't, and that's about it.

I have more squares than most men, I believe. The only advice I would give would be not to get a square simply because you like how it looks. Always take into consideration how it will harmonize with your shirt and tie. I have made the mistake a number of times of buying a square based purely on its aesthetic appeal, and these are the squares that tend to lie unused.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few white cottons, a white silk, and about 7-8 completely irreverent silks. The white squares (I will soon add a linen one with navy or red edge) are nice to have around for more somber occasions or when I'm feeling tradly. In fact, the white silk looks nice always IMO. But the irreverent squares are the most fun. They rarely match the rest of my clothes and that is why I like them. A subtle, socially acceptable "eff you" to the conservative world here in DC...

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I find white linen pocket squares boring as all get out. I will wear them to funerals, maybe to a job interview if I were going get another job, which I won't, and that's about it. I have more squares than most men, I believe. The only advice I would give would be not to get a square simply because you like how it looks. Always take into consideration how it will harmonize with your shirt and tie. I have made the mistake a number of times of buying a square based purely on its aesthetic appeal, and these are the squares that tend to lie unused.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I frown on the TV fold as it lacks imagination, flair and is plain old boring.

Continue.

For me, the TV fold is like a tuxedo, I really love it, but I'm not going to wear it everyday.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
I still lack a basic white linen square
lookaround.gif

Me too...
frown.gif

jz687

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help...

I was gonna get the white linen from Kent Wang, but after reading the film-noir buff article posted above, I decided on getting mine from "Givan's Irish Linen."

And, it turns out, they're offering 20% off all their products (I think) and free shipping, so it only came out to $23 for a top quality product... very happy!

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always read here that linen is the preferable choice, yet I never see linen pocket squares being sold. It's always cotton or silk.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jz687
Thanks for all your help... I was gonna get the white linen from Kent Wang, but after reading the film-noir buff article posted above, I decided on getting mine from "Givan's Irish Linen." And, it turns out, they're offering 20% off all their products (I think) and free shipping, so it only came out to $23 for a top quality product... very happy!
It does seem that way. They're an even better value by the dozen. http://www.givans.co.uk/products/134

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads