• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many sweaters do you own?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own and have owned a lot of sweaters but find myself only really wearing three. This is one area where I am especially learning that it is much better to get a few expensive pieces then a whole lot of cheap-y ones that will never get any wear

(The three I wear are Burberry, Armani and Margiela while scores of AA, H&M and Urban Outfitters never get touched)

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself buying alot more recently. J Crew just put a bunch on sale at the mall near me. I bought one yesterday, but I'll probably go back tomorrow for another one.

Oh... and I think I own 7? Plus 3 sweatervests.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
About 40. Cashmere except for a Sea Island cotton, a chunky cotton, a linen, two camelhair, and two chunkier wool sweaters.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I own and have owned a lot of sweaters but find myself only really wearing three. This is one area where I am especially learning that it is much better to get a few expensive thpieces then a whole lot of cheap-y ones that will never get any wear

(The three I wear are Burberry, Armani and Margiela while scores of AA, H&M and Urban Outfitters never get touched)

That's what I am thinking. Drop a nice penny on a good sweater and wear it. Who cares if I'll be wearing the same sweater nealry every day, riiiiight?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Who cares if I'll be wearing the same sweater nealry every day, riiiiight?

You will, when you have to figure out how best to clean that $800 sweater without ruining it.

doink

Reaction score
3 that I wear on a regular basis and 1 that I wear once in awhile.

For the ones I wear regularly, 2 of them are custom knit aran style sweaters with very detailed and fine cording and knots, the joy of having a mother who is a professional knitter and designer. She has probably knit me 15 sweaters over the past 10 years, some of which I have given away to GF's others I have accidentally destroyed, others that she mismeasured and ended up selling to somone else.

Pictures to follow once the camera is charged

izlat

Reaction score
I have probably close to 20, maybe even over, never thought to count them... Cashmere, merino, lambswool, a couple cottons

However, I only wear a few during the season. Like 5 or so. True, some have been rendered unusable from wear - e.g. a Varvatos (ruined snowboarding Lake Tahoe) and couple of Armanis. If you rotate 5 or so you should be OK, I think

Current favorite is a Generra cashmere
inlove.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I got my wings horns one specifically for snowboarding, nice and fitted + warm it's perfect.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is slightly off topic, but IUtoSLU's post got me thinking of a cardi that caught my eye. What's the verdict on this?

heyheyhey

Reaction score
I think I own 3, a Navy, a Red and brown one. I'd quite like black and charcoal colored ones, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

With regards to hoodies. Most colours, zips and non zips, logo's and not, and one brown hoodie that I've owned for years and has faded really well (Strangely enough.)

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
You will, when you have to figure out how best to clean that $800 sweater without ruining it.

Well, in my case, a "pretty penny" is more in $250-$300 range. It won't be my only sweater, now I'll own 2.

Oh, and by sweaters I meant stuff made out of wool. I have some cotton ones, but they simply don't keep me warm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads