• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horrible tailoring job - need some serious help

FunnyJunk2000

Reaction score
So I had 3 suits commissioned by none other than Ricky (Jantzen) in HK. Here are the results. The pants are great, but as you can see the jackets really lack consistency. For the price, I am not complaining, however I want to know how to fix this so I can take it back to him and have him fix it. The first jacket is great SO I went ahead for 2 more but the second 2 don't look the same at all. I took the measurements and the chest measurement is the same for all 3. The only difference is that the waist in the first is more nipped, the waist in the second is slightly nipped, and the 3rd waist just looks really funny. Tell me anyway to correct them or if they're even correctable, I'm pretty pissed. P.S. sorry for the dirty mirror...so mad that I haven't felt like cleaning it
cloud.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, they are all different. I'd say the first one is pretty good except you need a slimmer sleeve. The third is second best but looks umbalanced since the shoulder and chest is full but the skirt tapers severly. Tell him to make them all look like the first.

FunnyJunk2000

Reaction score
What language should I use with him? I want to be very precise. For instance, make chest less full (take in chest, take in sides, take in skirt, etc). I'm going to have him measure the first jacket as well to make them exactly the same, but any guides help too. I think Ricky and his tailors are very sloppy in suit-making and he won't be seeing repeat business from me.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
how much will the shipping cost? how long will you wait? will they interpret your instructions properly? you may be better off having the alts done here.
if you insist on sending them back, heres a hint.
pin in the sides of the jacket as you would like it to the pins should be about 4 inches apart.
check it in a mirror.
if its not right, re pin and check it in the mirror again.
keep doing this until its right.
once the pinning is correct, replace the pins with safety pins.
thats so that no pins come off during transit.

good luck.

thomaus247

Reaction score
Since you mention the waist, the best way to compare them is the halfwaist. At the level of the middle button (or top on a two-button), measure from the center seam in back around to the edge of the front. Best to do this with the jacket laid out on a flat surface. This will give you the actual difference between the jackets at the waist that you can impart to them.

Tom

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have fittings or try on the finished suit in the shop?

I have had things made by Ricky on multiple occasions, and he has always encouraged me to try them on. Anything which I had reservations about or wanted changed he has always done without any issue.

Why not show him?

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads