• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me Pick Sneakers

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
hi,

I have a lack of sneakers in my wardrobe right now. I basically only own a pair of black athletic new balances for the gym, grey new balances, and white leather santoni sneakers.

I’d like more variety in my collection but just don’t know what to get that would match with the rest of my wardrobe. Btw I am 30 and about to graduate as a student. In summer I like to wear a colorful viscose Giorgio Armani crew neck sport t shirt (I have like 10-12 colors) or a cotton cucinelli t usuallly grey v neck or white crew neck, and for shorts either dark gray zimmerli lounge shorts, medium gray Derek rose moda shorts, navy cucinelli cotton sweat shorts, or dark brown zimmerli Bermuda shorts. Sometimes I wear medium blue brioni jeans. I would like more shoe options to go with these but just don’t know what colors or designs would work other than plain white or gray like I have.

In fall and winter I will tend to wear a solid one color sweater, usually Armani/cashmere, and medium blue fade jeans, or slightly darker blue jeans, or sweatpants in dark blue, black waffle knit, and sometimes medium gray. I also have a pair of black pebble leather brioni chukkas I wear often in fall and winter.

I can post pics of my wardrobe if that helps

Thanks for any advice. I could use as many as 2-3 new pairs, and if some were for summer/shorts weather and others for fall and winter that would be fine too.

Jeff

Last edited:

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
hi,

I have a lack of sneakers in my wardrobe right now. I basically only own a pair of black athletic new balances for the gym, grey new balances, and white leather santoni sneakers.

I’d like more variety in my collection but just don’t know what to get that would match with the rest of my wardrobe. Btw I am 30 and about to graduate as a student. In summer I like to wear a colorful viscose Giorgio Armani crew neck sport t shirt (I have like 10-12 colors) or a cotton cucinelli t usuallly grey v neck, and for shorts either dark gray zimmerli lounge shorts, medium gray Derek rose moda shorts, navy cucinelli cotton sweat shorts, or dark brown zimmerli Bermuda shorts. Sometimes I wear medium blue brioni jeans. I would like more shoe options to go with these but just don’t know what colors or designs would work other than plain white or gray like I have.

In fall and winter I will tend to wear a solid one color sweater, usually Armani/cashmere, and medium blue fade jeans, or slightly darker blue jeans, or sweatpants in dark blue or black, sometimes medium gray. I also have a pair of black pebble leather brioni chukkas I wear often in fall and winter.

I can post pics of my wardrobe if that helps

Thanks for any advice. I could use as many as 2-3 new pairs, and if some were for summer/shorts weather and others for fall and winter that would be fine too.

Jeff

I should add that in fall and winter I also often wear either a navy wool zegna bomber, a brown geometric Armani hoodie, a black hooded Armani leather jacket, black Armani shearling coat, or a heavy black Armani down coat. I already have winter boots and various dress shoes. I’m interested in sneakers for casual wear that go with the rest of my wardrobe

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
If I could pull off wearing my white Santoni leather sneakers or the black chukkas all the time I would, lol. This is for variety’s sake

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
Picked up these two

I figure they will match with my wardrobe. Not sure what else would work. I don’t normally wear colorful shoes or anything

Really I’d like something more casual and athletic, not just leather designer shoes

979BDC78-FC7B-4514-833D-A8DD69F70722.png

79EA8CC7-4C29-4C1E-A497-767904D0F7B0.png

D3C033D1-CCD4-43B0-956E-B55A615477D7.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads