• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heinrich dinkelacker

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Heinrich Dinkelacker shoes? If I make out the Google translation of the Website correctly, the shoes are hand welted, and they look to be very nice, very much in the Vass/Budapest style. I particularly like the look of their version of the Budapester:
schuh_2.jpg
It's not quite as distinctive as the Vass version, but it's attractive nonetheless.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The German firm of Heinrich Dinckelacker produces fully handmade shoes in the Hungarian style. Although the firm was founded in 1879, according to the website, they took the decision some 38 years ago to go for a traditionally handmade Hungarian shoe. They are still family owned and German, so I don't quite know why they located (stylistically, spiritually) to Budapest, nor do I know what type of shoes they produced prior to that change. That must be their entire catalogue: http://www.rahmenschuhe.de/dinkelacker.htm Their most famous production speciality is a plaited welt running all around the shoe. I've always wanted a pair of Dinckelackers with that feature and I've got them from eBay last year (Style Windsor, picture 10). Some of their designs even have triple leather soles and metal toe plates as well (even in Sterling silver if that is what you prefer). To sum up: They are beautifully made shoes, elegant they are not.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To sum up: They are beautifully made shoes, elegant they are not.
Thanks. There are a whole lot of the shoes on the German eBay, and most appear to be selling in between EUR 200 and EUR 250. Any idea why they're so cheap?

BGW

Reaction score
Bengal-stripe: Very informative. Could you provide a comparison in terms of leather quality btw dinkelacker and some more well known brands? You say their construction is "fully handmade." How is that possible at the prices I am seeing? http://cgi.ebay.de/ws....28&rd=1

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The new Dinckelacker shoes you find on German eBay, are seconds. Quite often the text refers to small color discrepancies, little scratches or creases produced by the lasting process. They all come from the same few commercial dealers, who obviously buy the sub-standards in bulk. Normal shop retail prices for Dinckelacker shoes start at about Euro 375.00 and go up for shell cordovan to Euro 575.00. You can compare them here with Vass (RTW) prices: http://www.handarbeitsschuhe.de/ The Vass retail at a premium of Euro 25.00, but as they include the shoetrees, the two brands are absolutely level pegging price wise and, I presume, quality wise as well. (I've never seen Vass shoes in real life.). Ultimately it will boil down to which maker fits your particular feet better. The seller "fabercomtec" shows in his eBay offers the recommended retail price and they are pretty correct.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just saw my first pair of Dinckelacker shoes on Saturday (a customer at Louis' Artisan's Collaborative was wearing a pair.) They are very well made shoes. In my admittedly biased opinion, they are not quite the quality of Vass, but they are definitely of top-tier quality.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are going to post about that, aren't you? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

For sure. It was a very cool event. But I'm going to need a few days to catch up before I can write a proper post...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are going to post about that, aren't you? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

For sure. It was a very cool event. But I'm going to need a few days to catch up before I can write a proper post...

dude, its been nearly 8 years. still collecting your thoughts?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics