• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hardest to find RTW shoe bargain?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm curious, what do you think is the hardest to find RTW shoe bargain? I would probably say black captoe, but lets set that aside. What about after black captoes? Also, is there a style that you like which is just not made very widely?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess you are asking what is the least commonly made shoe design? Being that the less of a shoe there is, the less likely it is to be discounted?

maybe wholecuts for me. hardly anyone makes them

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess rarely manufactured is sort of what I'm thinking of. Along that line I would say side gusset loafers, like the C&J Kempton:

item1s.jpeg

I would think that there are a lot of wholecuts. It seems like everyone makes one, but they don't get heavily discounted.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I'm curious, what do you think is the hardest to find RTW shoe bargain? I would probably say black captoe, but lets set that aside. What about after black captoes? Also, is there a style that you like which is just not made very widely?

Cordovan Oxfords

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Shell Cord.

Also, Chelsea boots tend to be "Shoe Lover" shoes.....they don't sell particularly well, so the manufactured accordingly and there's little need to put them on sale since they will never be out of style and can sell full price the following year.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Aldens don't seem to go on sale much at all.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- Brown Chelsea Boots
- Wholecuts
- Shell Cordovan in anything other than loafers and derbies

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Balmoral boots
- wholecuts
- JL on 8000

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads