1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hard to find fitting jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GodAtum, Jul 10, 2011.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

2. landshark

landshark Senior member

If you truly have a 32" chest and a 30" waist, nothing will ever fit you that isn't custom.

3. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Why dont you let some tailor make a jacket for you.

4. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

This is a drop of 2". He almost certainly is trolling us....

5. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

This is a drop of 2". He almost certainly is trolling us....

It does seem a bit unlikely. I mean, I'm about as skinny as they come, but I still have a 4" drop - 33" chest and 29" waist. But he could have just measured incorrectly or something.

Anyway, the above posters are correct when they say custom-made clothing is the only option. I have to get all my shirts and jackets/suits made to measure, it is the only way to get ones that fit. Luckily I don't have much trouble buying trousers OTR though.

6. GBR

GBR Senior member

Troll or MTM at your own choice

7. rebate

rebate Member

Please don't get me wrong on this but I have a friend that also have the same size as you. So what he does is that he is buying jackets on kid section. By the way, how tall are you? Because my friend is not that tall, so the jackets in kids section fit him well.

8. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

yea but 7" drop... the waist on that is 25"

According the measurements it's 30.5"..............

10. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

According the measurements it's 30.5"..............

The label says "Drop: 7", but then the difference between the chest and waist measurements is 4.5", so I'm not really sure how they figure that the drop is 7.

11. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

The guy claims a 32" chest and you're worried about his drop?

Smaller guys are going to have smaller drops. The same way bigger guys should have bigger ones.

12. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

Thanks for all your help, I'll ask some tailors if they could adjust a jacket that I buy from the shop. I'm 5'6.

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

It does seem a bit unlikely. I mean, I'm about as skinny as they come, but I still have a 4" drop - 33" chest and 29" waist. But he could have just measured incorrectly or something.

Anyway, the above posters are correct when they say custom-made clothing is the only option. I have to get all my shirts and jackets/suits made to measure, it is the only way to get ones that fit. Luckily I don't have much trouble buying trousers OTR though.

Hi mate, i am 5'11 and my chest 37.5" with 28" waist. I have the same problems.
    But for me small PRL and Lacoste slim fit dress shirts are perfect fit.
    For OP try G-star jackets . G star also have Correct Line they do ok blazers , suits.They have nice slim cuts. But prepare to pay high retail for made in china clothing.
    Or just buy PRL jackets and wear knit or sweater underneath to layer it up.