• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gym bags thread: post your questions about gym bags, duffles, etc... here...

MysticAura

Reaction score
Hey guys, been working at a small finance firm where people dress pretty conservatively and I feel awkward bringing my super banged up Nike bag whereas everyone else has relatively nice leather briefcases. What do you guys think about getting this bag for the gym? I need it to hold an assortment of boxing gear, gloves, tape, clothes, helmet, etc. http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...4/product.html I'd like something that looks professional and does not scream gym bag. I think the price looks pretty good too but let me know what you guys think. Was also considering this: http://www.gilt.com/s/incase/product/14663137

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the incase better. That RL bag looks too fussy for the gym which might work in a more conservative environment but to me the other bag strikes more of a balance between the two. It's also cheaper and imo gym bags should always be as cheap as possible.

mpcec

Reaction score
So are people putting their gym gear in a leather briefcase or are they putting their paperwork in there? I imagine they just aren't working out so they don't have a gym bag, you shouldn't be embarrassed by one. Trust me when I say that no one cares about your gym bag and neither should you.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those are overkill. I like to have a nice gym bag and use a brown leather one, but I think you need less detailing.

Smahatma

Reaction score
This fred perry holdall is only about 80 bucks and quite versatile

l2162_102_1.jpg

Comes in black, navy, burgundy, and possibly white if you find some backstock

Sache

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
So are people putting their gym gear in a leather briefcase or are they putting their paperwork in there? I imagine they just aren't working out so they don't have a gym bag, you shouldn't be embarrassed by one. Trust me when I say that no one cares about your gym bag and neither should you.

smile.gif

aoluffy

Reaction score
Its up to him if he cares about his gym bag.

A lot of people wear nice clothes because they want to, not because other people do or don't care.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seriously, when you are wearing a nice suit or tailored clothing, I would think that a carrying a nylon POS Nike or Adidas bag or backpack would ruin the outfit entirely.

personally I would get a simple duffel bag similar to the one from American Apparel, but I've seen plenty of options in this dept in the last few years so just get what you like.

MysticAura

Reaction score
I checked out American Apparel just now and none of the bags are small enough for everyday use. If they are, they are usually too loud (shiny vinyl, etc).

I'm looking for something very simple in black or midnight navy maybe with a little detailing. I just don't want a huge Nike or Adidas symbol like I have now. Would also like it to have some pockets and a wet pocket if possible.

The Fred Perry bag will probably not fit all my stuff, but thank you.

I like the NikeID bags, turnaround time may be a little long though.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
I just bought that incase bag from gilt for the same reason, I wanted a quality bag to use for when I go to the gym, hopefully i get it in soon, but i think it is definitely worth it

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can get how the well-dressed man might want to invest in a nice gym bag. I'd personally have a hard time going much over 80 bucks, but it would be worth shopping around for a deal as long as you're not overly concerned about brand names.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use the free gym bag that came with my $12 GQ subscription. if you put any more thought than that into your gym bag you are trying too hard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads