• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gianluca Isaia Napoli Suit + Sartoria St. Andrews Coat (54R Euro)

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two spectacular items up for sale, both tagged size European 54R (US 42-44R).

First up is a stunning Gianluca Isaia Napoli striped suit. I believe this is from the top Isaia line, and retailed for around $3,000 - someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Made of Super 150's wool. Three button front. Double vents. Pants are pleated and cuffed. Working buttonholes. Tons of handwork and pick stitching everywhere. This suit is in mint condition - the photos speak for themselves. I was unable to find any damage, or signs of wear.

Measurements:

- 23" underarm to underarm
- 19" from shoulder seam to shoulder seam
- 24.5" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff
- 32" from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket in back
- 35.5" trouser waist with about 2" to let out
- 30.5" inseam with 1.75" cuff. There is about an inch of material to let out, and there is a fabric strip sewn into the inside of the pant leg around the cuff to add weight and to protect the fabric. If the cuffs are dropped to 1.5" you could get an extra half-inch in the inseam, too.

I am asking $400 in the US which includes shipping, insurance, and a tracking number.

Isaia12.jpg

Isaia13.jpg

Isaia14.jpg

Isaia18.jpg

Isaia15.jpg

Isaia16.jpg

Isaia17.jpg

Isaia10.jpg

Isaia1.jpg

Isaia2.jpg

Isaia3.jpg

Isaia4.jpg

Isaia5.jpg

Isaia6.jpg

Isaia7.jpg

Isaia9.jpg

Isaia8.jpg

Isaia11.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a fantastic Sartoria Saint Andrews handmade jacket. The inside tag lists the Type/Model as a jacket, but also lists a drop, so I am unsure whether this is a sport coat or a suit jacket. At any rate, the fabric and buttons will allow you to wear it as an odd jacket with no problems.

The coat is a textured golden tan color with a faint light blue and orange windowpane. Made of 100% wool; lightweight, and perfect for the spring and fall. Three button front. Has an interesting shape to the breast pocket - I believe it is known as a barchetta pocket.

I think this would look excellent with a pair of light beige tropical weight wool or linen trousers, light brown shoes (with a tinge or orange), and a sky blue dress shirt.

This is a top-of-the-line jacket - do a search on the forum and you will find many posts discussing the quality. Saint Andrews manufacturers suits for Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

Measurements:

- 23.5" underarm to underarm
- 20" shoulder seam to shoulder seam
- 24" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff
- 31" in length

Asking price is $175 in the US, including shipping, insurance, and a tracking number.

SaintAndrews1.jpg

SaintAndrews2.jpg

SaintAndrews3.jpg

SaintAndrews4.jpg

SaintAndrews5.jpg

SaintAndrews6.jpg

SaintAndrews7.jpg

SaintAndrews8.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions, if you don't mind. How is the cut of the suit pants (i.e. slim, or pretty voluminous because of the pleats)?

With respect to the waist, was it tailored down to 35"? One concern is the large drop that might affect the balance if I were to make the pants more of a size 32-33. I've had to do this with several off the rack suits, and the balance is pretty messed up where the side pockets are at least at my centerline or a tad further back, rather than out towards the front.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful stuff, VMan!

How does a "Barchetta" pocket differ from a plain old patch pocket?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Couple of questions, if you don't mind. How is the cut of the suit pants (i.e. slim, or pretty voluminous because of the pleats)?

With respect to the waist, was it tailored down to 35"? One concern is the large drop that might affect the balance if I were to make the pants more of a size 32-33. I've had to do this with several off the rack suits, and the balance is pretty messed up where the side pockets are at least at my centerline or a tad further back, rather than out towards the front.

Teddie,

The suit is a Euro 54 with a tagged drop size of 8". The pants are neither very full or very slim, so I think if you took the waist in a couple of inches the balance would still be acceptable - I'd say for the current waist size, the balance is perfect.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Beautiful stuff, VMan!

How does a "Barchetta" pocket differ from a plain old patch pocket?

Hi rnoldh,

From what I understand, a Barchetta pocket is shaped to mimic the line of the chest better than a standard straight-cut breast pocket. In Italian, it roughly translates to "little boat", and if you look at the curved shape of the top of the pocket, it resembles it's namesake. Or so I've read.

The breast patch pocket has a very unique shape on this piece, and I really like it. If, in the near future, I have the opportunity to buy a bespoke summer jacket, I will get the breast pocket shaped like this.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI -

regarding the jacket, what's the condition? I am assuming it is used.
Also, is there enough fabric to let out the sleeves for an inch?

thanks

milosh

Reaction score
Beautifull suit, sadly not my size.

Which tie is that ?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
HI -

regarding the jacket, what's the condition? I am assuming it is used.
Also, is there enough fabric to let out the sleeves for an inch?

thanks

Hello,

The condition is used, but flawless. The fabric is soft and supple, with no real signs of wear or fading. No damage such as holes or stains, of course.

It feels like there is enough material inside the sleeve to let it out an inch.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosh
Beautifull suit, sadly not my size.

Which tie is that ?

The tag states that it is from The Custom Shop in NYC.

Navy blue with cream pin dot pattern.

One of my favorite ties, but it stays on my mannequin almost permanently
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads