• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting a new sports watch--recs?

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
I'm planning on a picking up a new sports watch. Currently, I have a seamaster, submariner, and a speedmaster pro. Looking for a less well known brand. Budget wise, I'm down to pay as much as 4000 dollars--hoping to save a bit and buy a pair of shoes though, so it would be nice to have something under 3000 USD. Really open to anything. I have all the classics, so an interesting color might be what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Well if you want something different when it comes to sport watches then you have to check out Hublot. BUT I do not think that they have anything under 4k $ :( You can also always check out Omega/ TAG Heuer. TAG Heuer's Carrera series is amazing. I hope that helped. :satisfied:

NOLA1

Reaction score
I second the IWC Aquatimer posted above. In the alternative, these appeal to me in that price range (with the Sinn 757 Diapal being my favorite):

Used base model Panerai
Sinn U1 or 757 Diapal
Something from Squale
Brietling (these are growing on me)
You could look at a boutique diver like Benarus, Deep Blue, Zixen, Enebi Fondale

Last edited:

tomee

Reaction score

Take a look at the IWC Aquatimer 2000 with the white face. Nice~4k timepice...

lol, came in to post this :D
i had one and wore it daily

IMG_4709.jpg

wesailtheoceanblue

Reaction score
A few interesting suggestions:

Benrus Type I Class A Dive
JLC Polaris
Breguet/Dodane/Vixa/Auricoste et al. French Air Force Type 20 or Type 21 chronograph
Seiko Royal Air Force Generation I chronograph

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
If you're looking for color, you might check out one of the orange (or even yellow) Doxa divers.

junior varsity

Reaction score

something sporty (i think the orange really sets it off) with a ton of heritage... james bond for example :embar:
the ETA2500 movement models (2010 or older) are LESS expensive than the IWCs...
2011 models (in house 8500 movement) are hugely expensive

Last edited:

Another New Yorker

Reaction score

lol, came in to post this :D
i had one and wore it daily

IMG_4709.jpg

something sporty (i think the orange really sets it off) with a ton of heritage... james bond for example :embar:
the ETA2500 movement models (2010 or older) are LESS expensive than the IWCs...
2011 models (in house 8500 movement) are hugely expensive

These two are really nice. I love them, and I already have the gun to match the IWC!:slayer:

junior varsity

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads