• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

See the loafer in the background? How about a string loafer like that? With no toe detail

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We've had few interests with PTB in Detroit in the past :) PM sent! Yes they are on Soller Last which is their wider fitting boot last. Unfortunately no :( Currently Uetam and Simpson lasts are not avail in extra wide width (only Forest and Rain)
I could have my arm twisted on this PTP depending on specs and delivery. Thoughts???

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's still open! we had about 4 or 5 interests last time.
The Light Cognac shell will be slighter darker than the picture btw.
If we can get the going in few weeks, we can get these before Carmina goes on month long vacation during summer!
The cognac shell tanker boots MTO is still open! Let me know if you are interested!

I could have my arm twisted on this PTP depending on specs and delivery. Thoughts???
Last time the interest was for Saddle or Cognac Shell with Double Danite. Once we can get all 6 we maybe able to receive it before end of May.

See the loafer in the background? How about a string loafer like that? With no toe detail
The loafer in the back?? very cool!! I think we can do that :)

ianGP

Reaction score
might be down for that string loafer^^

Purple lining, leather sole?

what color is everyone thinking?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the tobacco suede option

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather sole as well

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does everybody think?

Option A - penny loafer style with strap

Option B - string loafer with no toe detailing (as per second pic, shoe in background)

Colour - Tobacco suede
Lining - Purple or Red (could be nice)

Sorry for all the postings :)

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cognac shell tanker boots MTO is still  open! Let me know if you are interested!

Last time the interest was for Saddle or Cognac Shell with Double Danite. Once we can get all 6 we maybe able to receive it before end of May.

The loafer in the back?? very cool!! I think we can do that :)

Burgundy or cognac shell might work for me. Worried about sizing. I think this could be one of those in between lasts for me. I don't like loose fitting shoes and I have a feeling these might be tweeners for me size wise. I do like the look of the shoe and the double dainite would work for me.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Option B - string loafer with no toe detailing (as per second pic, shoe in background)

Colour - Tobacco suede

Sorry for all the postings
smile.gif

string w/ red lining for tobacco

Last edited:

ianGP

Reaction score
I'm down for option B

Partial to purple lining though - all my Carmina MTM's from Steve are lined purple :)

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Colour - Tobacco suede

Sorry for all the postings :)

string w/ red lining for tobacco

I'm down for option B

Partial to purple lining though - all my Carmina MTM's from Steve are lined purple :)

Hmmm. Tough for me because I already have 2 string loafers. But I prefer string loafer over the penny loafer for this color.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick current update for you gents :)
1. Plain Toe String Loafer in Tobacco Suede (Picture on Top)

@MGD83 @badsha @SoGent @ianGP - feel free to PM me if you aren't interested or change your mind later, no worries ;)

2. Oscar Last Franken-Stitch Jumper boots
Currently Saddle Shell seems to have the majority vote at this point. (Navy, Black, Cognac only had 1 or 2 interests)

@justinkapur @greasymonkey @greverif @Notreknip @griffon_id @SF96136 - again feel free to PM me if not interested anymore or would like to join!

3. Cognac (or Saddle, TBD) Shell Tanker Boots

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads