• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve, could you confirm the availability of a wide fitting on the Forest last and indicate when you expect delivery?

Oops sorry about that RogerP,

Yes the extra wide EEE fit is avail in this Forest MTO.
We are expecting early April for this one!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Hmmm, EEE sounds mighty wide - are the width choices standard an EEE, or is there anything in the middle? Forest is a tricky last for me. It's just a bit too narrow in standard width in a UK 8.5 - but I'm a bit worried about sizing up in a shoe (as opposed to a boot) in case the increased length results in heel slip.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Hmmm, EEE sounds mighty wide - are the width choices standard an EEE, or is there anything in the middle? Forest is a tricky last for me. It's just a bit too narrow in standard width in a UK 8.5 - but I'm a bit worried about sizing up in a shoe (as opposed to a boot) in case the increased length results in heel slip.

It's just a tad bit wider than standard Forest.
I was under the impression that the Forest is E but Tony explained to me that Forest is actually EE Standard and EEE is extra width option!

Rather than sizing up half to 9, I think you will do well in 8.5 EEE.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Okay, great - that sounds terrific (though I will pause to observe the oddity of branding a standard width Forest as a EE!
shog[1].gif
).

I think you are right that an 8.5 EEE will be the better way to go.

Count me in, please.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be interested if it was with the tomir sole (half rubber sole)

Steve already has the numbers for the Rain last black captoe and is collecting deposits. I would pm him to see if you can have one made with the different sole and still be part of the group MTO.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steve already has the numbers for the Rain last black captoe and is collecting deposits.  I would pm him to see if you can have one made with the different sole and still be part of the group MTO.

You all are insane enablers and I might have to jump on this black captoe MTO!

Steve, PM is on the way :satisfied:

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You all are insane enablers and I might have to jump on this black captoe MTO!

Steve, PM is on the way :satisfied:

No ****, big +1

I joined two MTOs last night....to go along with two I joined last week (all with Steve). I blame all the posters on this thread as I certainly cannot be held responsible for my lack of willpower. :D

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. This black captoe was low on my priority list and something I planned on picking up sometime down the road, but . . . there it was all shiny and new in the exact MTO specs I would want and no guarantee I would ever have the same group MTO opportunity in the future. I'm not sure whether to blame myself or Steve for making these group MTO's so easy.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh man I have some bad news for you gents who joined on the Loden Suede PTB Derby.

I just heard back from Betty but

The Brick Red Dainite Sole option was only for a sample and it is not an available option yet at this point.

Sorry I jumped the gun a little too fast on this one :(

If you still would like to participate with JR double leather sole (with storm welt) I will be more than happy to process them but if not, I will gladly refund the depoits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads