• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

dlm4114

Reaction score
Glad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to see everything up and running Young!!
Thank you for the warm welcome cuttingboard! Cheers!
cheers.gif

From one affiliate to another, I wish you the best of success. Nice offerings thus far! I hope you do exotics too.
wink.gif
Thank you Spoo! Love what you do and you are definitely the one of the entrepreneur who inspired me to be here!!

I am so excited that this shop is ordered. Being in California and readily available via PM or response in thread makes me want to shop with you guys!

Cant wait to give you some of my money. Best of luck guys!
Justin! I really appreciate your kind welcome sir! Cheers!

Glad to see you guys on here! A few questions -- do you find the Uetam last to be slim-fitting? I've seen it compared to the Simpson around here before, but it never really had that look for my (admittedly untrained) eye. Second, can you say a little bit more about the Finnamore shirts? I don't know much about them. Lastly, are you able to arrange meetups to try on different sizes? I should be back in SoCal soon and do not mind a bit of a drive if it means I can actually try on a few Carminas. Thanks, and welcome to the board!
Hi dlm! Yes I find the Uetem last to be slim fitting. However, the loafers were made with suede upper, and in my humble opinion, they tend to stretch out a little easier then say calf or shell.
I have a semi wide feet and was afraid to own uetem myself and they were little tight at first, but after few weeks its perfect on my feet. Lot of members tend to size down half on Uetem last, but if you do have a wide feet like me (I am a 5.5 EE) you can go with your normal size.

About Finamore shirts, they are great shirts with a lot of handwork implemented just like other italian dress shirtmaker counterparts. The armholes, shoulders, buttonholes, and even the buttons were painstakingly sewn by hand. They feature a bit of puckered shoulders with shirring details (I understand this is a personal preference but many seem to favor this italian shoulder these days)
I had two choices of Italian camiceria to choose from when I started the shop. The other company is also a prestige company manufacturing outstanding quality dress shirts (name starts with a B), but Finamore truly proved to be superior in fit! I am aware that they have different models, but their slim fit line was just perfect in my opinion. I am, by all means, NOT a skinny guy, and due to my love for belgian brew and being married in the past year, I have a bit a tube in my mid-section. But these Finamore shirts were slim yet not skinny and perfect in fit.

I will be more than happy to arrange a meet in you are in LA or SanDiego area! Let me know and thank you for the kind welcome! Cheers!

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Final call for Carmina MTOs!

#1 Dark Brown Suede String Loafer (We have all required 6 and this one is definitely good to go at this point!)

#2 new penny loafer design in NAVY SHELL

#3 Wingtip Bal Boot in brown calf and loden suede shaft

Finamore shirts are finally in! and I will post up some pictures soon!

-Young

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell Justin to put that MTO in his sig. It's sick and if I had the coin to drop, I would be on it. Full strap navy shell loafer? So sick it's hard to comprehend.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to get in on the navy shell loafers but already signed up for the chocolate string loafers. For next summer, what about green shell or calf loafers in the same style?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That full strap penny in navy shell will look amazing imo!

I have possibe 4th, 5th, and 6th participant awaiting confirmation at this point!

Cheers gents!
cheers.gif

-Young

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads