• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GA navy suit for 1100

zty_07

Reaction score
Bluefly offers an Giorgio Armani navy suit for 1100. I think it looks great.I am still considering,please give me some advice.
Thank you very much!

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's their return policy like?

Unless you get money back, I'd be weary of buying a suit online.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is a Armani Black Label suit, it is decent enough to blow $1.1K on - although I personally would not consider this investment a great one- go for it if you want, but not without weighing in other options. I would be very careful with them, Armani make a lot of unvented jackets. I like unvented jackets personally, but they are not suitable for everyone. Err on the side of caution. I hope you are not getting that suit because it is Armani - there are lots of other similar quality options if all you want is a Navy Suit.

Felix Krull

Reaction score
Take your $1,100 and get a made-to-measure suit instead. You'll have a garment that was custom made just for you!

zty_07

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
The original price for this black label Armani is 1900. Is it the real original price? I can return it and get my money back.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zty_07
Thanks for the reply!
The original price for this black label Armani is 1900. Is it the real original price? I can return it and get my money back.

I never saw a GA suit under $2.5 before at full retail. For 1.1K you could do much better though. Go to Yoox.com, You can find some handmade suits there for that price, and that'll be down from $3000-5000.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the suit:

http://www.bluefly.com/Armani-Giorgi...601/detail.fly

I can't tell if it's black label or another line, but it certainly doesn't look like white label (since all the white label suits on Bluefly have the white tag on the sleeve). If it really is black label, then I think the MSRP is wrong, and should be closer to $3k. Last I checked, the $2k range was where most white label suits started. I would not pay $1,100 for one of those, but might for the black if it fit me well. Give it a try, you'll see how it works out, that's the beauty of returns!

zty_07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Too late. I bought it. Thanks for the heads up!

Hope you like it. It would be great if you write something after you receive the suit.
I think the item is black label because it says Giorgio Armani. The original price seems to be low.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zty_07
Hope you like it. It would be great if you write something after you receive the suit. I think the item is black label because it says Giorgio Armani. The original price seems to be low.
That was my thought, but sites like Bluefly don't necessarily realize the differences between different lines, and the fact that while to us "Giorgio Armani" implies $3k+ black label suits, they may be referring to a different lower line that's neither black nor white label (not familiar enough with Armani to know what that might be). As proof, look at this Zegna suit they're selling: http://www.bluefly.com/Zegna-black-s...201/detail.fly It's being advertised as mainline (the "Fit Rom" indicates it's the Roma fit, a mainline, not Z cut), but I am 99.9% sure (based on the trousers) that the suit pictured is a Z-Zegna. I think it's just the wrong picture, since that same suit is shown elsewhere on the page properly listed as Z-Zegna, but just a data point as to Bluefly's inaccuracies. They are also notorious for getting MSRPs wrong, though they usually have them inflated (Z-Zegna suits, for example, don't retail for $1,595, in spite of what BF says. They are more like $9-1,200).

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tell by the lapels that it is the George model. It's canvassed and the shoulders and armholes are set by hand, giving it a super soft and drapey fit. The collar is also set by hand. They do any pick stitching on it, which I think it deserves since the make is far superior to the rest of the Armani items, in all labels

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
I can tell by the lapels that it is the George model. It's canvassed and the shoulders and armholes are set by hand, giving it a super soft and drapey fit. The collar is also set by hand. They do any pick stitching on it, which I think it deserves since the make is far superior to the rest of the Armani items, in all labels

I've never tried the black label suits, so am curious if it's typical to have just a one-button closure on the trousers? Most high end suits have the extended tab with either multiple buttons (like Zegna) or multiple hook-and-bar closures, like RLBL.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Armani Black Label is by the best of the Armani lines - particularly in regards to suits.

Were I after a good Navy suit, that Armani BL would be a decent punt. However, something does not feel right about it.

For 1.2K, I am not sure that is the $2.5K Handmade Giorgio Armani suit that is fully canvassed. For that 1.2K price, I would bet that suit is half canvassed. In realm of half canvassed suits, there are numerous options that would match that Armani suit quality and end up cheaper.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Agreed, Armani Black Label is by the best of the Armani lines - particularly in regards to suits. Were I after a good Navy suit, that Armani BL would be a decent punt. However, something does not feel right about it. For 1.2K, I am not sure that is the $2.5K Handmade Giorgio Armani suit that is fully canvassed. For that 1.2K price, I would bet that suit is half canvassed. In realm of half canvassed suits, there are numerous options that would match that Armani suit quality and end up cheaper.
The two things that didn't look quite right to me were the single-button trouser closure (feels a little more "Emporio Armani" than black label from what little knowledge I have of the two lines) and the buttons already attached to the sleeve, which a suit that nice probably shouldn't have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads