• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FYI 50% Brooks Brothers Shoes (online, Peal +others)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown whole cuts are indeed narrow....too much so for me. In fairness, I'm a 10-10.5 depending on make, but the 10s were definitely not working for me.

Too bad; it was a nice looking shoe.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I don't understand why they have a dainite sole...

That's what has kept me away from them, and the price, and the fact I don't need them. A summer shoe in my mind would be better with a leather, or even a different type of rubber sole.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
That's what has kept me away from them, and the price, and the fact I don't need them. A summer shoe in my mind would be better with a leather, or even a different type of rubber sole.

I guess a rubber sole is in the same genre as the red rubber soles on bucks, so maybe that's the "analogy." But since I wouldn't plan on wearing suede in the wet, I'm not sure what good that is. Still, the shoes are great.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning the other way, I actually wanted these because they were Dainite. I tend to leave all my leather soled shoes on the shelf when I know there will be some rain on the ground. I want a couple more rubber soled shoes just for damp days.

tonup277

Reaction score
dcg - i ordered those same wholecuts. they are definitely narrow. in fact, i was very close to returning them. however, they were tight without being painful. i wore them 2 days straight and they've sufficient stretched to go from "tight" to "snug".

but definitely narrower than normal.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonup277
dcg - i ordered those same wholecuts. they are definitely narrow. in fact, i was very close to returning them. however, they were tight without being painful. i wore them 2 days straight and they've sufficient stretched to go from "tight" to "snug".

but definitely narrower than normal.

Mine unfortunately weren't even close. I'm probably more of a 10.5 though, and honestly maybe an 11 in those.

At any rate it wasn't a total loss...the girl who processed my return at the local BB was awfully cute.
laugh.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wanna know something odd? I just received the shiny corrected grain whole cuts and they appear to be Crockett Jones make. They have a single row of nails, hand-written "240" indicating the CJ last, and the outsole finishing looks like my other CJs. So, other than the fact that they are horrific corrected grain...
plain.gif

tonup277

Reaction score
Tarmac, did you see the pics i posted on another thread of those shoes.
the creases are horrific!
i ended up returning them.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, 4/16 and 4/17 take and extra 15 or 25% off brooksbrothers.

details on their website.

I caved in and purchased the suede wingtip as well.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soaped
Just a heads up, 4/16 and 4/17 take and extra 15 or 25% off brooksbrotheres.

Ooh. Maybe i should order them again and return the originals...

EDIT: Done. Thanks for the headsup. 186.

atlsart

Reaction score
Will someone with dainite rubber soles on the suede wingtips post a couple pictures of the soles of the shoe. I am familiar with dainite soles, however the pictures on the BB website make the shoe appear to have a leather sole. Is it the pictures on the website do not have the dainite soles or are the dainite soles on the shoe have a slim and sleek profile like a leather sole? It has been my experience that dianit soles are typically chunky and bulky.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
photo-vi.jpg

EDIT:

photo1-vi.jpg

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soaped
Just a heads up, 4/16 and 4/17 take and extra 15 or 25% off brooksbrothers.

man, i missed it. doesn't look like they offer this 15-25% off anymore.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn i wished i would have gotten those with the 25% off. At that price they are worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics