• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sold, Viberg Service Boot, reverse Tobacco, 11, 2055 last

Sold, Viberg Service Boot, reverse Tobacco, 11, 2055 last

seasquirrel

Reaction score
seasquirrel submitted a new classified:

FS: Viberg Service Boot, reverse Tobacco, 11, 2055 last - FS: Viberg Service Boot, reverse Tobacco, 11, 2055 last

For sale, my vey lightly worn Viberg x Standard and Strange Service Boot in tobacco reverse chamois. Size is 11, on the 2055 last. Brass eyelets, antique midsole, Vibram 430 outsole.

I bought these new from S&S. Beautiful boots, no issues at all. Just not the right size. Ships quickly with all original box, cloth shoe bags, extra laces, etc. thanks for looking.

View attachment 1548678
View attachment 1548680
[ATTACH...

Read more about this classified...

Rafy99

Reaction score
When you say sizing was off, was it too big or too small? Whats your brannock and can you mention other shoe sizes for reference? Thanks

seasquirrel

Reaction score
Thanks for your note.
My feet are quite wide, and have a really high instep. I own size 10.5 service boots on the 2045 and 2055 last. Those are both good in length, but still snug around the instep after repeated wearing. So, I wanted to try an 11, to see if that would be more comfortable. These are just a tad long. I could wear them in the length, but the instep situation isn't really that much better. So, I'm selling them because they are nearly new. I may not be able to fit Viberg, unfortunately. I love the look but I just don't reach for them because of the instep discomfort.
My brannock is 11.5 wide. I usually wear 12 wide in sneakers (New Balance, etc). I wear 11 wide in Alden Trubalance and Barrie lasts. I wear 10.5 or 11 wide in Wolverine 1000 miles. I wear 11 wide in Allen Edmonds (eg, Higgins Mill boots).

Rafy99

Reaction score
Thanks for your note.
My feet are quite wide, and have a really high instep. I own size 10.5 service boots on the 2045 and 2055 last. Those are both good in length, but still snug around the instep after repeated wearing. So, I wanted to try an 11, to see if that would be more comfortable. These are just a tad long. I could wear them in the length, but the instep situation isn't really that much better. So, I'm selling them because they are nearly new. I may not be able to fit Viberg, unfortunately. I love the look but I just don't reach for them because of the instep discomfort.
My brannock is 11.5 wide. I usually wear 12 wide in sneakers (New Balance, etc). I wear 11 wide in Alden Trubalance and Barrie lasts. I wear 10.5 or 11 wide in Wolverine 1000 miles. I wear 11 wide in Allen Edmonds (eg, Higgins Mill boots).
Thanks for the info. Looks like we are foot twins. Ive been looking to venture into the viberg realm but still havent taken the plunge because of.... sizing. The makeup is nice and im tenpted to try but im afraid ill be on your end tryibg to resell them jeje. Have you tried insoles to close the gap in length and see if that works?

seasquirrel

Reaction score
I feel your pain! Physically, and financially. :) I paid new price for these. That's how the boot game goes for us wide footed folks. :-(

I have a bit of generalized foot sole pain anyway, possibly the beginnings of a neuroma. So my feet seem especially sensitive to instep pressure. I'm guessing most people would be fine in these boots.

I have tried 1/2 insoles, to help with arch support. The length of these boots is okay as it is, maybe just a little bit long, but they're wearable. It's just that the instep pressure isn't really that much better for me than my 10.5 size boots, so I'd rather sell this 11 pair to get some money back and focus on my 10.5 pairs, or else just stay with Alden Trubalance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads