• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Size 13.5/14 Edward Green

marlinspike

Reaction score
Are they as long as an Alden Hampton last size 14? Are they wider than the Hampton last 14D would be in the middle of the foot (arch area...I have flat feet, they don't make the Trubalance last in my length in my width, but looking at the picture on the Alden website I would say my foot is pretty darn close to Trubalance last except maybe slightly wider in the middle but the same proportions in the front and heel)?

Not really my style, but given the price I'm thinking about it.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marlinspike
Are they as long as an Alden Hampton last size 14? Are they wider than the Hampton last 14D would be in the middle of the foot (arch area...I have flat feet, they don't make the Trubalance last in my length in my width, but looking at the picture on the Alden website I would say my foot is pretty darn close to Trubalance last except maybe slightly wider in the middle but the same proportions in the front and heel)?

Not really my style, but given the price I'm thinking about it.

I have no idea. This is the first time I've seen a size 14 in anything other than a pair of Nike basketball shoes.

marlinspike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
I have no idea. This is the first time I've seen a size 14 in anything other than a pair of Nike basketball shoes.

Hahaha, just be glad you're only stuck with having one pair in stock, not with having to buy that size for yourself.

I don't suppose you could compare say a 12D shoe on this last to a 12D Alden Indy Boot and extrapolate from there, could you? Or if you're familiar with Magnanni how the sizes compare (Magnanni's lasts are all pretty similar and their sizes change very linearly, and those are the only shoes I've ever tried on that fit in the arch area, and even then they don't fit properly, they just fit without pain)?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marlinspike
Hahaha, just be glad you're only stuck with having one pair in stock, not with having to buy that size for yourself.

I don't suppose you could compare say a 12D shoe on this last to a 12D Alden Indy Boot and extrapolate from there, could you? Or if you're familiar with Magnanni how the sizes compare (Magnanni's lasts are all pretty similar and their sizes change very linearly, and those are the only shoes I've ever tried on that fit in the arch area, and even then they don't fit properly, they just fit without pain)?

I'd say a 13.5D Indy if that helps. I have no experience with Magnanni.

marlinspike

Reaction score
Alas, not for me, I would need something that compares to a 14D or E Indy (which itself doesn't exist...it's fun having feet like mine, I pretty much have no choice but to go bespoke, which I can't afford, so instead I choose between major pain from good shoes, minor pain from ok quality shoes ,or dress like a bum...I choose minor pain. I'm tempted to at least try a 14D Alden Cape Cod bit loafer, until I realize there is no way a loafer last is anything like their trubalance last).

Hopefully you'll find a size 14 shoe wearer with more conventional feet.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's probably enough leather to make 2 pairs of shoes for me.

They make me curious who does Shaq's shoes. He's a 22G. That's a size 12 next to his shoe.
lol8[1].gif

shaq2k-20050822033921917-000.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads