• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Crockett & Jones BNIB

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Sadly, by the time I made it up to JL it was 12 o'clock....and closed. (sorry
frown.gif
)

Here are 5 pairs of C & J (all SUBS)that will be off to Ebay no later than Thursday if no interest here
Brecon UK 11 E Dark Brown Country Calf Ankle/Chukka Boot- no obvious reason for subbing at all!
Lanark UK 10.5E Black Cavalry Calf Blucher/Derby- Double Leather Sole- mark in outside quarter of the right shoe

Tetbury UK 8 E Dark brown Antique Nubuck Ankle/Chukka Boot - mark to inside quarter of left shoe

Connaught UK 9F Dark Brown Burnished Calf Cap Toe Oxford/Balmoral - can't identify the fault

Hallam UK 9E Black Calf Cap Toe Oxford/ Balmoral- again I can't find fault

Please PM me if interested

compfi

Reaction score
what is the conversion from british width to american width? I'm a US 9.5D...

southgate house

Reaction score
does anyone know who the lanark last (325) compares in fit to the 337 last? thanks. i have a few handgrades (337) all in size 10E.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by compfi
what is the conversion from british width to american width? I'm a US 9.5D...

I'm a 9.5D and I wear 8.5F in C&J handgrades, ideally, but F is not always available. When F width is not available, I go with a 9E in the handgrades. In the benchgrades, which these are, I wear an 8.5E. That 9E might work, but again, it is benchgrade, which fits a bit roomier.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I miss the part where you posted your asking prices?

sfo423

Reaction score
The Tetbury would look great in a 2 lace-hole shoe. I really like the shape.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi,

No there are no prices listed. I'm sure interested parties will PM me

However my Ebay reserves on bench grade are fairly predictable

Shoe : Generally between £135 and £150 depending on the model
Boots: Generally £150

Postage to the US : £23 - £25 (Royal Mail have just hiked their prices)

Regards,

Graham

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just some feedback here Graham. The shoes are very nice and I am interested in the Connaught but at 145+23 GBP, the prices are higher for seconds (regardless of whether the flaw is minor or not noticeable) than for firsts ordered from PLAL, so the deals are not that attractive imo.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Just some feedback here Graham. The shoes are very nice and I am interested in the Connaught but at 145+23 GBP, the prices are higher for seconds (regardless of whether the flaw is minor or not noticeable) than for firsts ordered from PLAL, so the deals are not that attractive imo.

But on the other hand, Graham does (or presumbly will in future) offer the service of hunting down a specific style/color/size that may be hard to find, which is surely worth something. I also, however, speak as someone who has been too confused by plal to ever have made use of their discounts.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
But on the other hand, Graham does (or presumbly will in future) offer the service of hunting down a specific style/color/size that may be hard to find, which is surely worth something. I also, however, speak as someone who has been too confused by plal to ever have made use of their discounts.

What's confusing?

You just divide the Malaysian price by 3.7 and this gives you the price in US dollars.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
What's confusing?

You just divide the Malaysian price by 3.7 and this gives you the price in US dollars.

I thnk it has to do with PLAL's fax where you need to send them a bunch of information. I have no issue with it but no everyone is comfortable faxing/emailing credit card, address and I think he also asks for your social

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the points well made about my pricing and my relative uncompetitiveness vis a vis PLAL with C & J shoes.

Operating on 3 to 5 pairs of C & J a week, I have margins that give me the incentive to post on Ebay. I can strip out my ebay fees but beyond that there is little commercial room or point for me to become skinnier.

That SF members are sophisticated shoe enthusiasts able to discern that there is a more satisfactory avenue via PLAL is no problem. I was also interested to hear that Pediwear might also be prepared to cut their throats (erm, prices) in order to take PLAL on.

What have I learnt:

I probably won't post any C & J items on here, but simply hope I have raised my profile to as many SF members as possible who might bookmark me on Ebay.

I will post John Lobb - but I will frustrate more people than I can ever satisfy as JL ,understandably, do not welcome the service I could potentially offer.

I love Tricker's boots and heavy country shoes. I can take or leave most of their 'dress' shoes. As PLAL don't offer them, I might post them here depending on feedback to items listed. Your feedback is so important to me.

Church - Church are pretty cute at pricing most of their factory stock at prices where my margins are wafer thin or non-existent in the first place. I list them because I like to have a balance of firms.

As some members have stated above, I will always do my best to find you a shoe if dealing with PLAL is a problem in some instances.

Thank you for all the constructive comments.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Church - Church are pretty cute at pricing most of their factory stock at prices where my margins are wafer thin or non-existent in the first place. I list them because I like to have a balance of firms.
Hi Graham- I have nopersonal experience with Church, but what I've gleaned is that their quality is not what it once was, and their profile has subsequently fallen around here. Others should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the conventional wisdom is to "take it or leave it" with Church, especially if the discount is negligible. It definately is nice to know we have an "inside man" who can hunt something down for us if we need a particulr item
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads