• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Brown Magnanni Wingtips

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought these shoes this weekend and wore them only once yesterday. I really like them but they turned out to be too big. They were a tad roomy when I tried them on in the store but they were so confortable I figured a foam insole and tongue pads would do it. However, after wearing them for a couple of hours yesterday, I concluded they are indeed too big as my heels slips far too much despite the insole.

They are a 4 eyelet balmoral wingtip in Tabaco brown with a slightly chiseled toe. The color is a very nice brown and the calfskin uppers are quite soft. They are fully leather lined and padded and extremely comfortable shoes. I am posting stock photos but rest assured the shoes are virtually new. As I said, I only wore them for a few hours yesterday, with a padded insole, and they are stored in the original box with cedar trees.

They are marked a size 10US (43.5) and run pretty true to size because I am a 9.5. These Magnannis are the Hernando style and retail for $275 online. See

http://suityourself.com/item-group.asp?pgpID=460

http://www.6pm.com/magnanni/hernando...rid=11961_2139

http://www.6pm.com/magnanni/hernando...rid=11961_2139

I am asking for $100 + shipping. Email or PM for paypal details. Thanks

magnanni1dh4.jpg

magnanni2bq3.jpg

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, those are nice shoes. If they were mine, I'd try everything (heel pad for back of heel, tongue pads) to get them to feel right. I had to do that with a pair of Brioni slip-ons I couldn't bear to part with.

I really like the last shape of these shoes--very trim and quite elegant--with a nice linear taper and graceful curve at the toe. If they were mine, I'd have my cobbler shave about 1/8" off the sole edges from the breast forward--well outside any stitching if there is any on the outside. This would make them close to perfect. This is a simple operation that shouldn't cost more than $15-$20, and one I've had done on several pairs of shoes.

The price you quote of $275 must be a sale price. I've seen lots of Magnannis here in Vancouver at Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew for $450 plus (Cdn.). You're nuts to let them go for $100; they're beautiful shoes--the Magnannis I've seen have had outstanding leather. Still, someone's going to get a helluva deal. Not me sadly; way too large.
smile.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Man, those are nice shoes. If they were mine, I'd try everything (heel pad for back of heel, tongue pads) to get them to feel right. I had to do that with a pair of Brioni slip-ons I couldn't bear to part with.

I really like the last shape of these shoes--very trim and quite elegant--with a nice linear taper and graceful curve at the toe. If they were mine, I'd have my cobbler shave about 1/8" off the sole edges from the breast forward--well outside any stitching if there is any on the outside. This would make them close to perfect. This is a simple operation that shouldn't cost more than $15-$20, and one I've had done on several pairs of shoes.

The price you quote of $275 must be a sale price. I've seen lots of Magnannis here in Vancouver at Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew for $450 plus (Cdn.). You're nuts to let them go for $100; they're beautiful shoes--the Magnannis I've seen have had outstanding leather. Still, someone's going to get a helluva deal. Not me sadly; way too large.
smile.gif

Thanks Roger. I'd love to keep them but I tried tongue pads and insoles and they were still too long. My heel is more narrow than my instep so I often get longer shoes that don't end up fitting me. The full retail on these is indeed around $350 USD and online shops sell them for $275. They were $150at Bennies in Atlanta so I am looking to sell them quickly for $100.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics