• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Verizon Unlimited Data Lines for StyleForum

CologneReview

Reaction score
So I have a bunch of Verizon unlimited data lines and looking to give a few away. Normally I sell these things, but recently got more then I can handle. With that I've went back to several forums I've frequented over the years and decided I'd give back if I can. This isn't spam, I'm not selling anything, looking to gain anything etc. Just looking to give something away to anyone who may be interested.

With that I usually get a lot of questions about how the process works, what is it, etc. I'm going to simply copy/paste my normal sales ad. Obviously there are mentions of cost/paying/etc, simply ignore that. If you're an active member here then it's free for you.

One way these lines are really nice is unlimited data on the MIfi. It is against TOS but if done right you'll never have an issue. This is honestly how I'm accessing the internet right now.

Giving away for free unlimited data 4G LTE smartphone plan from Verizon Wireless.You can change the voice and texting options later if you wish, but you MUST stay on the older Nationwide plans. If you move to the new Shared plans or use the device upgrade on the account, you will lose the unlimited data.
This plan is under contract, this means no throttled data!

This is easy a 15-20 minute process. This auction does not include a phone or sim card. You may Purchase this plan if you are a current Verizon Customer or if you are not a Verizon customer.

The process of transferring the account is known as an Assumption of Liability (hereby referred to as AOL). This includes, but is not limited to, the following conditions:

You must provide me with the full legal name of the person that will assume the account, a valid contact phone number, whether you have an existing Verizon account or you will be opening a new one, and the IMEI/SIM # for the device(s) you will be adding. I will provide this information to Verizon, and begin the process the within the following 3 business day after receiving payment.

Seller will initiate an AOL of the line with Verizon Wireless to the buyer. This means that you (the buyer) agree with Verizon that you will be taking over my contract, and that I (the seller) will be giving ownership of my unlimited data line to you.

You will have to pass Verizon’s credit check, and be eligible to become a customer with them, if you are not one already. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

I will inform you once when I initiate the AOL process with Verizon. At that point, you will need to contact their AOL department at (888) 832-4540. They will walk you through finishing the transfer process.

PLEASE NOTE – THE FOLLOWING IS IMPORTANT:

To keep the Verizon unlimited data plan, you cannot switch to one of the new Shared data plans. The unlimited data will remain intact as long as you keep a smartphone associated with the line. You must never put a basic phone on the line, and you must NOT upgrade your phone directly with Verizon or a third party retailer at a subsidized/discounted price. To change phones in the future, you'll need to purchase them at full retail price either directly from Verizon or a third party retailer. You may also purchase a used smartphone. Again, if you attempt to upgrade your smartphone at a discount or subsidized price, you will lose the unlimited data plan.

Verizon Wireless is one of the few carriers that still allow transfers of unlimited data through the AOL process. However, the buyer assumes all responsibility for making sure Verizon Wireless upholds the unlimited data package on the transfer.

You do not need to be a current customer with Verizon Wireless to complete this transfer. However, if the line you’re taking over is being added to an existing Verizon Wireless account, your account must be current and in good standing.

Your service assumption will be subject to a credit check. A security deposit may also be required. Verizon Wireless may also subject you to a $35 activation charge on your first bill and up to a one year contract

There will be absolutely no refunds given. It is the buyer’s responsibility to follow all of the above guidelines. You must read and agree to the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions prior to assuming responsibility for the account. It is also the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that you will be able to transfer ownership of the line to yourself, and that you maintain the unlimited plan while transferring ownership.

If you have any questions about the AOL process, you can call the Verizon Wireless AOL department at (888) 832-4540 before bidding.

You must be a bidder from the US with a verified PayPal account.

Just to be clear... YOU MUST HAVE A VERIZON COMPATIBLE 4G SMARTPHONE PRIOR TO ACCEPTING THE AOL UNLIMITED DATA PLAN TRANSFER!

Authorization of transfer may take one to three business days. Once notified of the authorization you have 24 hours to complete the transfer.

This line is currently on a 2 year contract (ending in 11/16). Check with Verizon's policies prior to bidding and taking ownership of the account. You may also be charged an activation fee or prepayment fees according to Verizon policies. (Please check with Verizon at show contact info for any questions or concerns about transfer fees or conditions before bidding).

Once you assume ownership of the line, you can choose between which individual calling plans are available, (with or without messaging features), or you can add the line as a secondary line to an existing Nationwide family plan all while keeping the unlimited data plan.

FAQ

Q: Can I transfer my phone number?
A: This may be accomplished by porting the number through Google Voice. For more information please search for instructions.

Q: What is the monthly cost of the service?
A: The current plan is a 700 Text&Talk Plan with a cost of $100 plus data charges. This however CAN BE changed when transferring the line to ANY of the Nationwide plans. Different plans are shown in the photos of this auction. If a rep tells you that this can't be done simply hang up and call back. Some reps are misinformed about this process.

Q: Does this include tethering?
A: Tethering service through Verizon is not included in this plan. You can use apps like Foxfi on Android or Jailbreak iPhones. This however is at your own risk and potentially against Verizon TOS.

Q: Can I buy multiple lines to create a family plan?
A: Yes multiple lines can be purchased and moved to create anyone of the Nationwide Family Plan options. You must remember that EVERY line requires the data charge of $29.99. Data is not shared with these older plans.

Q: I am on a Shared Plan can I use this unlimited data?
A: Yes you can, however you can not add it directly do the shared plan. Doing so will result in the loss of the unlimited data. You would create a sub-account on your plan to put this line. This would require you to pay two separate bills. You do have the option of then transferring the shared lines to the sub-account to create a Nationwide Family Plan. Again you are reminded that every line would then require a data plan.

Q: Can this be used on a tablet/Mifi/etc?
A: It is against TOS but potentially would work. Do this at your own risk. There are many reports of activating the line on a phone and then placing that SIM within a tablet/MIFI/etc and having success.

Last edited:

CologneReview

Reaction score
It seems that my images got deleted when my post was deleted for spam. Anyway it was just a photo of the Nationwide plan that the lines are on. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads