1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

found lost picture sd card

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Luc-Emmanuel, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Found a sd card with pictures on it during my recent trip to iceland. Judging from the pictures, people look american. Do you know an internet site where I have some chance to get a hold on the owner? I feel bad for people who lost 500+ pictures on a nice trip.

Thanks
    !luc

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Any pictures of a hotel? If they are date stamped, you could contact the hotel, maybe even send a picture to them. Unless there's some kind of specific detail in the photos like that, I'm not sure how you'd do it.

3. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

Any pictures of a hotel? If they are date stamped, you could contact the hotel, maybe even send a picture to them. Unless there's some kind of specific detail in the photos like that, I'm not sure how you'd do it.

Post them all on Flickr, and wait for an angry e-mail from the original SD card owner? It might take a while, though.

4. Luc-Emmanuel

I have quickly browsed the images without really looking at them. I'll take a closer look this evening, but there are very few hotels in iceland [​IMG]

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    any prospective GHM or ISF models? [​IMG]

6. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

post pics, we'll judge them.

Where you stay, hotel fron? Thats where I stay a few months back. lovely little country.

7. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Post some pics so Foo can practice his foofing!

8. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Where exactly did you find the card? This could help you connect the card with its owner

9. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Where exactly did you find the card? This could help you connect the card with its owner

In the camera he lifted...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(to the OP. this was a JOKE! Nice of you to attempt to get the pix back to the owners)

10. unjung

unjung Senior member

Post to Reddit and Digg.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

12. Luc-Emmanuel

I have a picture with the guy and his rented car, with readable plate.

!luc

13. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

I have a picture with the guy and his rented car, with readable plate. !luc
    Well that sounds helpful. That would be great you are able to actually return the card to its owner, that would be a story that would warm my heart. Should be possible with internet. If you found it in a hotel, that would be the easiest place to start. Maybe the Icelandic consulate/embassy could help by looking up the plate and finding out what rental service owns that car?

14. Luc-Emmanuel

Well that sounds helpful. That would be great you are able to actually return the card to its owner, that would be a story that would warm my heart. Should be possible with internet.

If you found it in a hotel, that would be the easiest place to start. Maybe the Icelandic consulate/embassy could help by looking up the plate and finding out what rental service owns that car?

I have emailed a random car renting company in iceland and the girl called the police to id the car. They have identified the rental company and I have sent them an email yesterday.
    Things look good so far...

!luc

15. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

16. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I have emailed a random car renting company in iceland and the girl called the police to id the car. They have identified the rental company and I have sent them an email yesterday.
    Things look good so far...

!luc

You are a good man.

17. beemerry

beemerry New Member

Hi,
    I know this is a long shot, but did you find the card in the airport in Iceland? I also had a connector cord to my camera and pc with it. The memory card is also smaller than usual as it uses an adaptor to fit into regular sd slots. And here is the big question, if the answers for the above are yes, do you still have it???? We did have a rental car but pretty sure we lost the card when switching items from one bag to another at the airport.

Thank you,
    Merry

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member