1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. andypagenow

andypagenow New Member

Perez moved over, probably because he wanted to go to the inside of the backmarker into Turn 1. He was penalized after the race.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I don't think there was a back marker in that crash. I think Perez was just moving over to defend the place. He left Massa with no time to react. That was a pretty nasty crash. Vettel was very lucky not to get collected.

Butch, you call it bad luck from Hamilton, but isn't it possible that he pushed the sick car too hard? Looks like the rear brakes in the new F1 cars are under-designed.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. sangiuseppe

sangiuseppe Senior member

I wonder how the cars sounded when they drove under the bridge in montreal

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's entirely possible that Hamilton's failure was his own doing. He did say that he thinks his pushing hard to catch Nico was the difference. That said, there was no broadcast of the team's telling him to move brake bias forward. The television folks love to throw him under the bus with the radio transmissions, so if they had, I'm sure we would have heard it.

Speaking of which, Vettel bitched about his pit strategy, but there was no criticism of him...

You're right about the backmarker. That was Vettel ahead of Perez, but I think that's why he was moving to the inside.

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Vettel was too far ahead, he had no chance to pass. I think it was a late change of direction to defend the place as soon as he saw Massa step out. I'd have to watch it again, but it seems the timing was such that it seemed reactive.

I get the impression that the brake bias modification was a response to Lewis going out. Until that point, I'm not sure they knew, its certainly possible they did, but that called seemed like a freaked out engineer trying to save his guy from the same fate.

Heh, and Vettel gets beaten yet again.

6. sugarbutch

This graphic makes it all plain:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Saw that earlier. Very helpful. Perez can be such a twat. The selfie Massa took at the hospital was :rolleyes:

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Schumi is out of a coma and has been discharged from the hospital. Great news.

9. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

This whole season is a total farce. KERS, DRS, special fuel, resetting the car by stepping full on the brakes or being oblivious, having to wait 60 secs for it. WTH...

10. sugarbutch

Did this happen in today's race? I saw a hell of a dice between Alonso and Vettel; Button's holding off Alonso for a number of laps; Bottas' scything through the field; and finally the tables turned on Rosberg. Without taking anything away from Nico's recent run of performance, the hand-wringing about Hamilton's "failure" has been overblown considering that he would almost certainly be leading the championship without the two DNFs.

Scrappy run from Ricciardo, too.

11. hennree

hennree Senior member

Great race!

Decided to get a ticket last week and I'm very pleased I did. Atmosphere was incredible! Glad to see Lewis win. Only 4 points in it now...

Disappointed with Kimi. What an awful season he's having.

[​IMG]

12. hws

hws Senior member

Lewis Hamilton must to win! Also Kimi Räikkönen = :slayer:

13. sugarbutch

Way too much man ass in that video.

On a serious note, declaring FRIC suspension illegal mid-season, after more than six seasons of legality is emblematic of the FIA's utter stupidity.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

They are trying to slow Merc down.

15. sugarbutch

The consensus seems to be that removing FRIC suspension won't change the competitive balance.

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'd be surprised if that was true, I read Merc solved it first.

17. sugarbutch

It looks like everyone's going to take it off, so I guess we'll see soon enough.

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Pretty fantastic race today.

19. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I was thoroughly entertained. Between F1 and the Open, it was a great sporting day.

20. sugarbutch

Excellent race. Although Felipe should have seen Magnussen there on the inside, it's a shame that he paid such a steep price for the mistake. Ricciardo looks to be the business. I haven't had a chance to read anything (started watching around midnight last night), but if Jenson wasn't intentionally leaving the door open, I'm not sure what the hell he was doing.

So, this is three mechanicals for LH and one for NR, yes?