• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding a shoulderbag ? Avoiding a man-purse..

jjjjeremy

Reaction score
+1000 Filson Filson makes the best bag of all time. This bag is small enough to carry around and not notice, but, when pressed, can hold over 24 loose cans of, er, soda, with a blanket strapped to the top. Mine was given to me by a friend who was planning on using it for the rest of his life, as I do. He didn't need it after he co-designed his current bag with a saddle-and-bag maker in Salzburg. 3 pen pockets. 3 perfect moleskine sized pockets, wax-impregnated triple-thick canvas. Leather and brass all over. This bag is never going to fail me, or my grandchildren. Filson's motto "Might as well have the best." http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K im sold on the Filson, gonna order the 'Large Briefcase/Computer Bag'

But not having seen these in real life - i cant decide between the otter green and the tan ?
What u guys think i should get ? Im 24 - I mostly wear jeans, fitted hoodies/sweaters, and leather jackets, so i dont wanna go too businessy...

green or tan ?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the otter green
2286880479_d20593b781.jpg
if anyone else has real life pics of either post em, itd be appretiated i think ill go with the tan - i like both though! is the 257 much larger than the 'briefcase' 256 ? i dont wanna get too bulky...

mattyb124

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a bag similar to the Filson original briefcase 256 model that is all leather or a more conservative color. Im looking for a bag for work and I really like everything about the Filson bag just looking for all leather possibly. Thanks in advance.

jjjjeremy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Here is the otter green

2286880479_d20593b781.jpg

if anyone else has real life pics of either post em, itd be appretiated

i think ill go with the tan - i like both though!

is the 257 much larger than the 'briefcase' 256 ?
i dont wanna get too bulky...

Honestly, the 257 isn't large at all. If you fill it up with stuff, it will get big, but, if you keep it pretty empty, you will barely notice it. The sides (though they aren't designed to) crush down quite easily, like an accordion, to fit the contents of the bag. So, if you carry a lot, it's big. If you carry a little, it's slim. I am able to slip it on the top bar of my bicycle, and ride unencumbered.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Jeremy..
Im looking forward to getting it now
smile.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Tan. I been looking around for a bag as well. I'm def. getting that Filson Tan bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads