• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

finally pulled the trigger on wristwatch

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like this is about it for me, at least for a good long while. I bought one more made to measure shirt, and the wristwatch I've been after for about a year and a half. Now, it's save-save-save, spending days are over!

Whatcha think?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought too, years ago, pre-SF/AAAC. Bought my first Omega, thinking that would be it spending-wise. 15 pairs of shoes, 2 expensive watches, and countless shirts and trousers later.....
smile.gif

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great watch, Russ. That's a watch with real pedigree. But I have to agree with the other guys..."spendings days are over"?...hmmm.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

That was my first nice watch.

I sold it about 9 months after getting it but whenever I see one on the street I'm impressed by how nice it looks. Never really used the GMT function - I'm not bright enough to read the GMT hand faster than subtracting 5. But the exhibition back is useful for explaining why it doesn't have a battery and why you don't need to wind it.

I didn't like it at first but I now conisder that bracelet to be easily one of the best-looking, most comfortable around.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great watch. A bit bulky for my taste, but love the co-axial escapement.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jon--
Yep, it was my second and last MTM brioni shirt. They are terribly expensive, but I liked that first one so much, I bought an exact duplicate. The blue color was just right, and they really nailed the collar style I prefer.

As for my spending days, I think they are over out of neccessity-- no more tax exemption, hazardous/ danger pay, etc. come august!
smile.gif
Hopefully, Bergdorf will manage without my contributions to their 2007 profits, and neiman marcus will just have to live with my occasional purchase of a new necktie.

insanestyle

Reaction score
I seen so many fake seamasters its sickened me on that model.
Same goes for Rolex Submariners..

Shadowman88

Reaction score
The bracelet on that watch is an amazing piece of engineering, by the way.....Always liked those Seamasters. I'm about to pull the trigger on an Omega myself, the triple date Speedmaster in a blue dial. Just gotta try one on first to make sure that it's not too terribly bulky on me (I have a small wrist and am not a really big guy- those Seamaster Chronos DWARF my wrist!)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by insanestyle
I seen so many fake seamasters its sickened me on that model.
Same goes for Rolex Submariners..

I've pretty much seen ALL major brands in counterfeit form: Rolex, Omega, Cartier, Panerai, IWC, Seiko, PP, Muller, Lange..... that shouldn't discourage someone from buying or wearing his authentic watch. Not at all.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I've pretty much seen ALL major brands in counterfeit form: Rolex, Omega, Cartier, Panerai, IWC, Seiko, PP, Muller, Lange..... that shouldn't discourage someone from buying or wearing his authentic watch. Not at all.

It was a gift from someone special, what was I supposed to do? Thought they were getting me a real bargain.
plain.gif

fakepatek5mediummm3.jpg

fakepatek7mediumwm7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads