• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favre to Jets

tsloop

Reaction score

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised. I figured he'd end up in Tampa.

Glad it's over though - now maybe ESPN can get back to something other than Favre watch 24/7
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Glad it's over though - now maybe ESPN can get back to something other than Favre watch 24/7
smile.gif

Good luck. Now we start getting all the "Broadway Brett" talk, when he guarantees a Superbowl win.

As if putting him smack dab in the middle of the biggest sports media market in the entire US is going to make him "go away"...

smile.gif

Too bad the Jets are awful.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i say he goes down in game 2 after his 9th sack of the season.

injung

Reaction score
I get the nasty feeling he's going to crash and burn with a new system around him, and the New York media is going to tear him apart.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by injung
I get the nasty feeling he's going to crash and burn with a new system around him, and the New York media is going to tear him apart.
I agree. Brett is not the stud he once was, although he is quite talented. NY has little patience.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ooh boy.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt he'll stay there. Look for a team that is a good QB short of being a contender to make the Jets an offer they can't refuse.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I doubt he'll stay there. Look for a team that is a good QB short of being a contender to make the Jets an offer they can't refuse.

How about the Packers?

biggrin.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
How about the Packers?

biggrin.gif

If Aaron Rodgers flops or goes down with a season-ending injury, I could see it happening.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers flops or goes down with a season-ending injury, I could see it happening.

I can pretty much promise you that Aaron Rogers isn't going to be Brett Favre. If the packers go 3-13 this year... Lambeau will burn to the ground.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Jets have a decent O-Line. Favre will not be sacked that often.

He is infinitely better than their current QB options. It will allow the Jets to throw the ball more than 5 yards down-field.

I predict something between 9-7 and 11-5 for the Jets, and they might squeak into the playoffs. And as the Giants showed last year, once you're in, anything can happen (especially with a good QB).

Also, Aaron Rodgers is going to be a good QB. He played well against the Cowboys last year in a big game.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What? Not a chance in hell Favre returns to the Packers this year.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not this team, in this market, with these fans, with the recent disappointments of the last 5-10 years. Chad will be bye-bye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics