• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ermenegildo Zegna or Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes?

THStyle

Reaction score
Which one you like? I try to find my new leather shoes and I think these two brands are very beautiful. I don't know what should I buy? And which one have a better quality? Or if you have other brand to recommend please post it. Thank a lot for every opinions.
worship.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by THStyle
Which one you like?

I try to find my new leather shoes and I think these two brands are very beautiful.

I don't know what should I buy? And which one have a better quality?

Or if you have other brand to recommend please post it.

Thank a lot for every opinions.
worship.gif

Which fit you better? Whose designs do you prefer? I like the Zegna (XXX only please!) designs better than Ferragamo's, but ultimately it's about fit and personal taste - and neither fit my wide feet.

Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
At least some Zegna shoes are made by Ferragamo (maybe Tramezza quality).

Zegna's higher end (Couture / XXX) shoes are made by Zefer, which is a joint venture 50% owned by Zegna and 50% owned by Ferragamo. This has been discussed extensively elsewhere.

Bellison

Reaction score
Get some Crockett & Jones shoes instead. Better quality and cheaper.

Which one you like?

I try to find my new leather shoes and I think these two brands are very beautiful.

I don't know what should I buy? And which one have a better quality?

Or if you have other brand to recommend please post it.

Thank a lot for every opinions.
worship.gif

Francisco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison

+1. Don't waste your money on this two brand especially in full retail price.. Heavy discount.. Maybe..

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison

I don't buy this. Zegna and Ferragamo top of the line are at least comparable to C&Js. At the level of shoemaking we're talking about it's difficult to state definitively what "better quality" actually means - superior leather? Better craftsmanship? More pick stitching?
smile.gif

Certainly C&Js are cheaper at full retail, however it's easier to find Zegnas and Ferragamos on sale, sometimes at very steep discounts.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of Zegna shoes.........all are great to wear and have put up with the amount of abuse from walking and communiting in Manhattan.

I never pay full retail for anything, so they are especially a good deal considering the amount of wear and tear they get for what I paid.

But, as other have stated, if you like them go for it............doesn't matter what other think.

THStyle

Reaction score
My country don't have C&J Store

These two brand are very expensive and not sale frequently in my country

Maybe I must buy it in full retail price ...so sad (I'll call to the shop tomorrow and ask when a sale is coming?)

Do anyone have other brand to recommend or these two brand are fine?

I want to look not like anyone else, unique and stylish. Thanks

GucciMonster

Reaction score
If you know your father's size - I'm sure you can find some a *Deeply discounted pair* on e-bay or in the Style forum's buy & sell forum

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
I don't buy this. Zegna and Ferragamo top of the line are at least comparable to C&Js. At the level of shoemaking we're talking about it's difficult to state definitively what "better quality" actually means - superior leather? Better craftsmanship? More pick stitching?
smile.gif

I agree with this. Ferragamo Tramezza are easily on par with the C&J Handgrade I also own. If you are talking Studio or Lavorazione Originale, then I might agree, but Tramezza are amongst the finest shoes you can buy for under $1000

THStyle

Reaction score
I call to Ferregamo store in my country and they say the company not import the tramezza, they only import studio line and original line. I'm so sad to hear it.

What do you all think about this two line?

If anyone have other brand to recommend please post it.

I want the best shoes because it is my first high-end shoes.

thanks a lot.

Bellison

Reaction score
Buy it from one of the many online stores that sell C&J and have them ship it to your country. You'll get a good price too because they will take VAT off.

My country don't have C&J Store

These two brand are very expensive and not sale frequently in my country

Maybe I must buy it in full retail price ...so sad (I'll call to the shop tomorrow and ask when a sale is coming?)

Do anyone have other brand to recommend or these two brand are fine?

I want to look not like anyone else, unique and stylish. Thanks

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few Ferragamo shoes and I have been satisfied with my Tramezzas, less with the studio ones. The Tramezza seem to adapt well to your feet, something to do with the specific multilayer sole construction, I think. However, about one and a half years ago an arthrosis was detected in one of my feet, forcing me to wear orthopedic insoles. Thus, I think that one of the reasons to choose Tramezza (the special sole construction) disappeared. Since then, I prefer Santoni. I think that Santoni offers more nice designs and colours. Maybe some are a bit "pimpy", but that goes well with my (lack of?) style.
I also like the designs of Sutor Mantellassi, and have two pairs, but they are a bit to narrow for my feat. My Santoni shoes also look quite slim but they still fit my feet better.
I as never really tempted to by any Zegna shoes. For the same money I think that I get better value out of Santoni or Mantellassi: I have seen some very nice Zegna shoes; I actually saw a lovely pair when visiting the shop with a friend of mine, but they cost EUR 1500 and my friend (a woman, but still with a bit of understanding of style) pointed out that they were similar to one of my Mantellassis, and that the Mantellassis actually looked better. And they has cost me EUR 700, that is, less than half. At full retail.
(Regarding Ferragamo: I have bought several pairs at 50% off during sales at their boutique. Better discounts than what Zegna normally offers. I have also bought several pairs of Santonis at 30-50% off)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads