• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ensemble Opinions: Second Edition

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have at it Boys...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Just so you are aware, Pants are actually a deep navy and the Blazer has a Navy Stripe in it. Tie is Green Grenadine and the Shirt is Cream. Pocket Square WHITE.
IMG_3523SF.jpg

Rolo

Reaction score
Some of this may just be how the colors are displayed on my monitor.

I'd like to see more contrast between the shirt and the square. Probably a slightly darker shirt. Perhaps the FHES-Ven-5-463. I might also go with some pattern in the square such as a paisley in which case I like the lighter shirt.

Also, I think the color value of the pants and tie are too similar. In real life there might be enough contrast in hue between them, but that doesn't come through in the photo.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the last one much better.

This one could do with some grey pants (I just have a thing against navy pants) and I don't like that shirt collar at all. Too lifeless, and excessive gap between the points.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I also find the ensemble, while fine a tad bit lifeless. I'd probably wear a tie with more color on this.

arenaissanceman

Reaction score
I can't tell with my monitor but is that Green grenadine tie almost hunter green? How about a gold shirt and/or tie? (assuming, that is, that the stripe in the suit jacket is gold)

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I think it is better than the first effort you showed, well done.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty good (could be better), but I would go with different pants.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far better than the other ensemble imo. I agree that olive or charcoal pants would look better though. Also, those coat buttons look awfully big.

gracian

Reaction score
Besides the buttons, something looks out of proportion. But I like it. Might think about spicing up the pocket square, maybe something with a contrasting edge.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks quite good. The only change I would suggest, in line with what others have said, is the pants. I think gray, olive, tan, or brown would be better.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
Besides the buttons, something looks out of proportion.
Yeah, what's up with that?

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Yeah, what's up with that?

It is HF for Kids! Looks leagues better than the naval-inspired clown suit I had growing up.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
Besides the buttons, something looks out of proportion. But I like it. Might think about spicing up the pocket square, maybe something with a contrasting edge.

Originally Posted by EL72
Far better than the other ensemble imo. I agree that olive or charcoal pants would look better though. Also, those coat buttons look awfully big.

Well... I think that its a size 6 or maybe a size 4, KIDS sizes
smile.gif

Bear in mind its HF's HIS FIRST line and while they probably could get smaller buttons its Moms and Dads that will be buttoning the kid up in the small sizes and they priobably wanted to make it easier.

I will relay the feedback though to the kids Sales rep.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
I liked the last one much better. This one could do with some grey pants (I just have a thing against navy pants) and I don't like that shirt collar at all. Too lifeless, and excessive gap between the points.
Grey Pants wouldnt work as the monitor is probably not showing that there is a strong olive tinge with the navy stripe here. Brown would though, I just didnt have a HF brown pant to use
smile.gif
and I wanted to keep to HF on the basic parts of the set. The Shirt collar... Its a kids shirt and being so we dont do collar stays as it just adds for the most part unnecessary cost to the shirt. (in kids clothing like a shirt a few dollars retail on an expensive item already can make the difference between making the sale and not and two Euro in cost usually means alot more in retail. I will do a repost of the pic in a few with better coloration. Howefully you fellows will see where the navy pants come in. As with all pics (at least those that I take
smile.gif
) the pics arent nearly as well done as the actual product.
IMG_3523SFB2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads