1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

just got the andover/cinch back suit in from cantstyleace. awesome pieces. will post fits later this week hopefully, but it's everything i wanted. ahhhhhhh. :slayer: it doesn't help the eg addiction that everything i get is so friggin awesome.

1 person likes this.
  2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

ime it only ever gets worse, enjoy!!!

3. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

Has anyone attempted the darkside of fwk?
    Does daiki really cut/shape these items differently for women? Is this a viable option for the smaller men amongst us?
    If so, any suggestions as to what 1 2 or 3 correspond to in mens sizing? (Blazers & outerwear)
    If not, sorry to waste everyones time, regardless of their familial relation to mr suzuki.
    Thnx

4. canstyleace

imho I dont think they're cut exactly the same, maybe some items are but the ones I've tried not really and a size 2 = slightly roomy xs, size 1 = really slim and a bit cropped xs, size 0 = foggettaboutit

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  5. dogmoney

dogmoney Well-Known Member

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has tried on/bought both the LDT jacket and the uniform serge bedford this season? Just wondering what the comparative fits are like? The large LDT is a perfect fit for me, but I had to size up FW12 for the knit bedford.. Have been eyeing off a navy bedford for a couple of seasons..

Thanks in advance

6. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Has anyone dealt with Bodega or French Garment Cleaners? According to Nepenthes they both ordered a piece that I want so I emailed them both a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything. Just wondering if they are always this slow to respond to queries?

The Bureau and Kafka have this piece in the size you're looking for.

7. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

Thanks canstyleace...
    Was thinking of trying to lowball ebay for last fw aviator & truman but prob too risky...

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I'd ring up FGC, its a small store that does most of their stuff in person, might no be best via email.

9. canstyleace

Bodega has a webshop,
    http://shop.bdgastore.com/collections/engineered-garments

The silhouette is very similar, if not a more pronounced triangle shape or simply narrower shoulders, but I found the garments mainly had a smaller width/length ratio, for example once I found the fwk size that fit similar/equivalent to my normal eg size in the chest, I realized the body length and sleeve were much shorter than they would be on my normal eg size, therefore have to size up and then it starts getting a bit roomy in the chest and still just barely there on the sleeves, make sense?
    So I guess if you're under 5'6" and have short arms it might be worth a shot, otherwise I'd want to try it on first or make sure theres a decent return policy.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  10. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Thanks
    When do The Bureau and Kafka usually go on sale?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  11. xander_horst

xander_horst Senior member

The Bureau has a sale around Christmas - at least they did last year. I think Kafka stuff goes on sale later than that (perhaps Jan or Feb) but I'm not sure about that. You may want to keep an eye on the item in question, EG can sell out of a popular item completely before it ever goes on sale these days.

12. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

anyone know where I can find the Matt pant in Olive heavy twill size 32? Can't believe I missed out

13. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Changed my mind and grabbed the LDT vest in Navy Windowpane instead of Grey or Charcoal. It just might me more versatile in that color.
    Thanks to the posters who replied previously

14. astris

astris Senior member

Anyone on the planet have the cord long beach parka in large? Also looking for the same in the pants.

15. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

I managed to find the Matt pant I was looking for, but I'm feeling a little less confident with sizing given how slim it looks on some of the models. Would anyone know where I can find some reliable thigh and waist measurements for a size 32 and 34 Matt pant? it seems to jump quite a bit in all the Japanese sites I've checked. Or anyone here with these sizes care to chime in?

Also, were there 2 types of Olive in the heavy twill, or is it just the different pictures that make some look olive brown and some look olive green?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  16. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Cannot help with sizing, but there are two distinct Olive fabrics/colours:

1. Olive Reversed Sateen. Used also on Cinch pants and Fatigues this season. Greener in colour.
    [​IMG]

2. Olive Coated Heavy Twill. More brown in colour.
    [​IMG]

17. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

anyone cop the Work Jacket in grey herringbone? Wondering how warm it is

18. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Second pair of fatigues above look very similar to orSLOW pair I have bought this season ...

19. Cedric Plumey

Cedric Plumey Member

Can you please tell me where you got it ?

Please disregard, I just found

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

can anyone comment on the fit of the usn pants? (specifically the fw12 ones, but i didn't want to drag up the old thread)