• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green/ Drake's Pop -Up Sale

clbcs

Reaction score
Thanks. Took two days of sweat and hours spent with the EG guys helping me out.

Difficult to say anything constructive about that

In this thread we have boot lovers, country calf (argh..) lovers, ....

The good people of EG spend their life trying to design and produce shoes with the best calf leather, nicest lasts, colors/antiquing (things of beauty like Edwardian antique, dark oak, chestnut ,etc) and all for what? .Boots and country calf. and lets not forget the US cordovan fetishists

You guys are unworthy
smile.gif

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Difficult to say anything constructive about that

In this thread we have boot lovers, country calf (argh..) lovers, ....

The good people of EG spend their life trying to design and produce shoes with the best calf leather, nicest lasts,  colors/antiquing (things of beauty like Edwardian antique, dark oak, chestnut ,etc) and all for what? .Boots and country calf. and lets not forget the US cordovan fetishists

You guys are unworthy :)

Most of the guys in this thread have multiple pair of EGs. Good to have variety in life.

Last edited:

500deadlift

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

interestingly many of the shoe prices stated an original price of £720- does that mean they were MTO?
the sales assistant said that the label inside the shoes I bought did not say they were seconds, can anyone 'interpret' the box label, to suggest why they were reduced?

Doesn't look like the box has been marked with 'reject'. Could be perfect stock but on Sale :)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Most of the guys in this thread and on SF have multiple pair of EGs. Good to have variety in life.

i assume my friend is talking about scotchgrain/CC in EG terms, which some regard as not on par with carefully treated crust leather and the likes.

afaik, he is a big proponent of EG at least what he had to say about the differences between C&J versus EG.

500deadlift

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Best way of looking after suede?; quick brush after each wear and protective spray?. Wish to not ruin my cardiffs :)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Qbessi, great scores and in my size too. I'm green (edward gree shoe box color) with envy

Jagger_On

Reaction score
I managed to pop along this afternoon as well. There was no queue and only one other person in the shop at the time. Was disappointed not to find any ties that I liked but was able to get a shirt and my first two pairs of EGs.

I almost paid full price for this shirt about a month back so I was really happy to find it in the sale.

I'm really happy with the shoes I got. I went along looking for a pair of brown shoes and came out with something completely different.

I then almost bought another pair in a similar colour to these but they were too small unfortunately but luckily for me they were restocking the shelves at the time and they put these badboys up. I just think they are amazing.

I'd say that it's definitely worth popping in again if you've already been. The impression I got was that even the staff weren't 100% sure what stock they had in the back and were just bringing new stock out as they sold the shoes on the shopfloor. By the way, if you have small feet you simply have to go down. They had some amazing models in the smaller sizes.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ incredible. Keep it coming guys. Seems like a lot of you gents scored big time :slayer:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I managed to pop along this afternoon as well. There was no queue and only one other person in the shop at the time. Was disappointed not to find any ties that I liked but was able to get a shirt and my first two pairs of EGs.
I almost paid full price for this shirt about a month back so I was really happy to find it in the sale.

I'm really happy with the shoes I got. I went along looking for a pair of brown shoes and came out with something completely different.

I then almost bought another pair in a similar colour to these but they were too small unfortunately but luckily for me they were restocking the shelves at the time and they put these badboys up.
I just think they are amazing.

I'd say that it's definitely worth popping in again if you've already been. The impression I got was that even the staff weren't 100% sure what stock they had in the back and were just bringing new stock out as they sold the shoes on the shopfloor. By the way, if you have small feet you simply have to go down. They had some amazing models in the smaller sizes.

unique comes to my mind.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ do it. Weekend trip. (call me)

I'll pick up a jar of Saphir along the way. :D

I need to start consulting across the pond so I can write something like this off. I wonder what the prevalence of shoe addiction is in London and Northampton...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads