• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay problem buyer

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I bought a suit from trusted forum seller Whusurdadi, it was a Zegna Su Misura suit. The suit was perfect, not a mark on it as he wouldn't have been selling it for $280 if it did. I bought it and it didn't fit, so I put it on eBay. I sold it to a guy in Greece and sent it First Class intl. I then get this message from him today:

"dear sir ,i received the suit last firday . thanks for the prompt shipping .unfortunately though i have to return the suit .it has nothing to do with what you described on the listing . the suit is extremely abused . the wool is burned out , ruff and the suit is incredibly dirty . the stitching on the back under the shoulders on the right side have come loose and apart for about two inches , the lining inside is in horrible state . by far the worst suit i have from ebay and i have bought 28 suits prior to this one . please issue me a full refund , i will cover the expenses for sending back to you ups express."

Suit in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Again, this suit was mint and it shows in the photos. Do I have any defense what-so-ever or will Paypal side with the buyer as always and will I end up getting screwed as the seller?

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the problem is that you don't have a timeframe on them. You could make his show you pics.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm asking for specific pictures which I haven't yet recieved. I have no doubt the suit will arrive in the condition he described. He could have bought it for an event, then trashed it afterwards to give him an excuse to return it for all I know. The suit was perfect when it left here. I'm just curious if there's any other seller protection on eBay other than the proof of delivery for those "never recieved" claims.

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
From my experience, it's always best to just take the return. Going back and forth will take up your time and will ultimately end in negative feedback.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, this sounds a bit fishy... I would be cautious about letting any returns. As soon as it's in your hands, suddenly he can claim it left him in any condition, or when it arrives he could claim that it was damaged in the mail on teh way back to you, etc... I'd ask for pictures as proof with tags to make sure it's at least the same suit. Also some sort of pics maybe of the packages, etc... Otherwise I'd take the hit and respond with saying he tried to scam you, etc. What was this guy's ebay rep like? this isn't the type of thing you can pull more then once without losing serious points...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's got good feedback but that's not saying much anymore with eBay's requirements for nothing but pos. feedback towards buyers. He's has the suit for a good couple weeks, which makes me think he wore the suit to several events he needed it for and trashed it in the meantime. Now that he doesn't need it anymore, he wants his money back and is probably going to return a trashed suit to me. We'll see how things go....

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit was indeed in excellent shape - I bought it for myself since it's tagged a 50R - but it was way too big for me...
This is one of the main reasons I no longer use ebay - it's just not worth the hassle anymore...
So long as you have proof of delivery, the only claim he can make is that it's "significantly not as described" and pp will automatically tell him to send it back and once his delivery is confirmed that you got it back, he'll win ALL his money back...
Also, even if he leaves you a negative, he can STILL file a pp claim...
Kinda like a lose/lose situation....

pred02

Reaction score
Well, he could be telling the truth and it could have gotten damaged in the shipping process or at Greek customs (maybe the customs guy wore it, ok not funny). However, I hate to resort to cultural generalizations, but I am from that part of the world and there is a lot of shadyiness. Ask him to send you the photos of the damages he described and also ask him to send you a picture of the box that he recieved the item in.

The fact of the matter he can leave negative feedback anytime, regardless what you do. If you have quiet a good few feedback, I'd just forget about it instead of dealing with a beat up suit and the hassle of one feedback - especially if $280 is at hand.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I think I'd take a neg and close my PayPal account before I let a buyer screw me out of $280.

This is $280 we're talking about....not $2,800 right?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
He's offering to send it back at his cost. I'd take him up on it. If what he said was true he probably wouldn't be willing to pay the shipping.

I agree.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member