• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eating lunch at work is lame, what should I do?

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
++. Preferably the bench....I've always found the car thing a little weird for some reason. Seems antisocial.

I used to do this all the time for my last job...it definitely felt odd at points, especially when somebody walks by and I'm sitting there pigging out on a sandwich.
blush.gif

That said, I really didn't care at that job...I hated it so much that I gladly accepted looking like a doofus over sitting around in the company break room.

To the OP, I second the other suggestions about sitting outside, especially in the nicer weather. At worst, all you really need is a ledge.

Originally Posted by blank
God damn, you people get an hour for lunch?

I can't remember the last job I worked that didn't, probably some grocery job in high school. And mind you, I work in IT, the abused stepchild of corporate professions.

painfree

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
God damn, you people get an hour for lunch?
I agree. I usually eat my food while walking down the hall and into the elevator so by the time I am back up on my floor, I am already working again.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started grabbing my lunch at 11:50, and finishing it by 12, and then sneaking away from my cube for the whole hour.

unowho

Reaction score
You guys make me laugh...I think finding a nice bench or a outdoors cafe sounds so nice. Taking a walk after lunch will be even nicer.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unowho
You guys make me laugh...I think finding a nice bench or a outdoors cafe sounds so nice. Taking a walk after lunch will be even nicer.
I really enjoy walks during lunch in spring/summer. Unfortunately, I rarely have time to do this.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually leave for lunch around 11am and get back at 12:20pm or so. I eat lunch with my wife almost every other day (since she has classes on the off days)

We eat somewhere locally and either buy there or she brings it to me from home (which is what I'm trying to do more to save money and eat better)

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to a coffee shop and read while I eat and sip tea if I feel like I need to get away.

Kris

Reaction score
Eat a whole wheat bagel with chives and hummous at your desk, then slip into something more comfortable, then go outside and do tai chi in front of the building. At the next staff meeting, offer (with strong hummous/chive breath) to give tai chi lessons to anyone who's interested.

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Eat lunch at desk and then go for walk around building and have a nice smoke. Great stress reliever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads