• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E-Bay Brioni

heavyd

Reaction score
Before I take the plunge, there seems to be a ton of new Brioni on E-Bay. Is it mostly old stuff from years past? Usually prices about $1000-$1500 new.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suggest you check the following resources first-- also suggest you get a solid color, or a very simple pattern or stripe. many of the suits sold online for a discount have a double or triple stripe, odd patterns or colors, etc. that i don't think look as good when you see them upon receiving the suit. also, try your best to purchase a suit with unfinished sleeves, as i think if you're paying that much for a suit you should have the option of adding functional cuffs if you want to pay the extra $100 once your suit arrives.

all have a decent brioni selection, depending upon your size:

www.ehaberdasher.com
www.virtualclotheshorse.com
www.shopthefinest.com

Good luck on your brioni! I'm one of the biggest fans of the brand on the forum, i think.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the Gray Belvest DB suit at VCH, awesome, and of course not my size.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horton/Foxx: I love that dark gray Oxxford w/ the brick pinstripe. Not my size though.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in with further recommendation for eHaberdasher. I just bought an Isaia chalkstripe from them and the service was quick and efficient.

horton

Reaction score
Ben at eHaberdasher is unbelievably nice and very reasonable to work with, as is Lance of VCH and Gary of Drinkwaters and undoubtedly many others here on the SF

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the selection is much better on the websites, for those three sellers-- but they use the names
honest*goods (i think there are no items on ebay that aren't in his extensive online store, tho)
theworldsfinest

here are other ebay sellers i would purchase a new* brioni from:
emorel98
mptobis

IF you buy a brioni suit with sleeve buttons already cut-thru functional, the sleeve length from the shoulder has to be right-- don't beat yourself up finding a tailor to shorten the sleeves from the shoulders, etc. because it is hard to do/ tough to find, and pricey.

*Let me define what you should be looking for in an ebay purchase of a NEW brioni suit. "new with tags" is what you want, and that means
+the pants should be long and unhemmed,
+ jacket should really be double vented/ split rear vents. brioni wasn't meant to have a single american style vent, and stay away from no vents-- that's no good for your suit to be sitting on it or crumpling it when you do the cary-grant-hand-in-pocket
+jacket has not been altered, and
+if you're spending more than $1500, I feel the sleeves should be basted/ sleeve buttons not yet attached (that's harder to find, tho). many brand new brioni suits come with sleeves already finished with false buttonholes, and brioni does a good job on this-- but i like unfinished sleeves much, much better. getting very hard to find on an onling suit though!!

anyone who offers a suit as new/ new with tags better have a good explanation as to why any of the above criteria are not met. theworldsfinest often breaks these "rules," BUT with good reason and they are a trusted seller (suit ordered at the store but not picked up, sometimes even functional buttons on the sleeves).

here is an excellent example of a new with tags brioni item, that meets ALL of my "criteria;" great looking item. (someone on the forum should snatch this up, great price on this one and easy to coordinate with trousers i think)

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-500-NWT-Brioni...QQcmdZViewItem

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads