• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dries Van Noten

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was writing a small piece on Dries a while ago and while browsing the forum for inspiration it occured to me that there isn't a proper thread devoted to the guy.

Yes, I've seen many on buying&selling (in fact I created one) but not one that collects opinions about the brand.

So, does anybody have any experience with wearing Dries? I just bought a nice summer jacket (http://www.autographmenswear.com/jac...ket-blue-p4203) and it served as a very nice reminder.

A bit long-ish, slim cut yet with regular sleeves that provide a bit of a contrast against the body of the jacket. The fabric is super-light (see-through when held-up in the air) and has this amazing blue&gold texture.

It's a good example of how Dries operates: there are some pretty obvious tailoring skills going into the product, yet he slightly plays with conventions (as in all the other 'curran' jackets there is a further hidden button, just under the neck, that will allow you to wear the jacket buttoned up all the way).

I was just surprised to see that the jacket is actually made in Romania. I mean, the quality is obviously on par with what should be expected from such a brand but normally you'd associate this type of products with made-in-Italy labels.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Dries. I have a suit and a couple other pieces. He is a very talented designer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics