• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dress boot suggestions...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AJL: I'm a fan of all the groups you listed, but in 1976, I must admit, I don't think my parents had even met yet. If you haven't already, check out the Music thread in the Entertainment forum, there's a lot of informed music fans round here. To keep this on topic, how bout these, from Shipton and Heneage? Somebody reputable makes them...
Shoreman1782, I'm 99.9% sure that those S&H boots are all from the Alfred Sargent Classic collection. Â The model names are identical - check out Pediwear's AS Classic collection; page 3 and you'll notice that a number of them are identical, down to the model name, to those on the S&H page you linked.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this shoemaker Shipton and Heneage?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about that, good call... Probably a little cheaper as AS's through pediwear. More complicated and less pointy than real "Beatle boot," but still nice, IMHO.

EDIT: Shipton and Heneage are all rebadged from other shoemakers. try a search, I think someone linked each line to the actual maker.

EDIT again: From bengal-stripe:
London stocks shoes at three different price points: Premium, Select and Grade. Premium is made by C & J, Grade by Alfred Sargent and Select I don't know. The French range stocks different models, at only one price point. Although I have never seen them in the flesh (or is that "in the skin") they look to me very much like C & J, although probably not made to "Handgrade" specifications.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
somewhat OT/ waxing nostalgic--I had an "actual" pair of Beatle boots purchased at some hippy/hipster clothing shop in the village back in like '76 or so (post Beatles, I understand). Trash & Vaudeville, that was the name of the place, I remember big pink shopping bags & a kind of early punk rock thing going on--I'd be shocked if its still there.
It's still there. St. Mark's Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.

Dan

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL,07 Dec. 2004, 7:32
somewhat OT/ waxing nostalgic--I had an "actual" pair of Beatle boots purchased at some hippy/hipster clothing shop in the village back in like '76 or so (post Beatles, I understand). Trash & Vaudeville, that was the name of the place, I remember big pink shopping bags & a kind of early punk rock thing going on--I'd be shocked if its still there.
It's still there. Â St. Mark's Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. Dan
wow.gif
(me, registering shock, or at least surprise.) re. the shoes on S&H link-- the pic. of black suede boots look very similar to the boots I owned, although the heel was higher, and as shoreman points out, the toe was a bit pointier, though not by much. Also, there was a center seam running down the boots, a look I think I have seen recently, maybe Prada or Miu Miu boots (might have seem 'em on Yoox? possibly worth a look).

dietcookie

Reaction score
Ok forget whatever I said, I saw a pair of the brown lace up Zegna boots and I fell in love. Definitely was not in love when I saw the $495 price tag, what other designers make boots similar in style? In black..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads