• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake's squares

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Monsieur is too clever for me.
Hardly ... and you know it!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
This is dangerously close to a harumph, especially when stated in an Internet forvm post.
If the truth be told ... my retirement is possible due to iInvestments. But at 50-something (and it ain't early 50s) I do predate the iAge.

In my profession I do use technology to my advantage ... as in Computer Aided Design -- and I'm damn good at using it -- but I still find much of the iWorld beyond my ability to comprehend ... even when I do understand the technology. For example ... I refuse to buy any device that keeps me in touch 24/7. I much prefer the 8/5 ... or even the 8/4 with Monday off. As I recently told a client who asked why I don't you use my cell phone after hours or on the weekend ... "Because you would call me on it ... and nothing in the profession of architecture warrants a weekend or afterhour phone call." Don't worry ... the project's end is at hand.

As for the iPhone ... or any current cell phone for that matter ... I'm still trying to lear how to avoid taking accidential photos of my palm. And as for text messages ... I've NEVER sent one ... although I realize I've received them.

iRSSiamnott ... now theres an idea for a new name ... Iamnott.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
However, I still find much of the iWorld beyond my ability to comprehend.

Think high school/upper school/boarding school.

And not the good kind.

- B

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think high school/upper school/boarding school.
I understand. I'm quite aware that texting (in-house and to the outside) is taking place even during meetings in my office.

Just one more post and I hit 500.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
If the truth be told ... my retirement is possible due to iInvestments.

Sequoia 90s money...the best kind.
inlove.gif

- B

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, KP has an iFund...invests solely in iPhone products

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a very touching allusion to how you came to be adopted by your family. I never tire of hearing it.

- B

I lulzed, but if I were you, I'd go easy. You're just the sort of effete, east coast, part-time selvage-denim wearing harvard inta-tha-lectual this fellow likes nothing better'n to kick the teeth out of. I'd tred lightly if I wuz u.

- signed, a. frend.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
I lulzed, but if I were you, I'd go easy. You're just the sort of effete, east coast, part-time selvage-denim wearing harvard inta-tha-lectual this fellow likes nothing better'n to kick the teeth out of. I'd tred lightly if I wuz u.

- signed, a. frend.

If nay kicks, it won't be my teeth but my ankles that he will hit.

That being said, we're blood brothers. I would happily chop up every one of you and feed you to him on the lifeboat.

- B

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If nay kicks, it won't be my teeth but my ankles that he will hit.

That being said, we're blood brothers. I would happily chop up every one of you and feed you to him on the lifeboat.

- B

All well and good, but when the soundtrack on the S.S. Minnow shifts to "Dueling Banjos", I'd make sure and keep my 'blood brother' to my fore rather than aft ( i.e., well clear of the poop).

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Actually, I am surprised RSS doesn't like these ties, they are apparently popular with architects.
Okay ... I'm straying from the subject of the OP ... of course given the way my words can wander ... that has rarely stopped me.

I don't want to use the photograph again as I agree with what you had to say about its use without your permission.

The past week I attended an AIA gathering of a rather large group of architects. I don't recall being particularly impressed by anyone's style of dress. Moreover, I don't remember anyone wearing a tie like the one's pictured. I will, however, make an effort to pay more attention next time.

There are always exceptions to categories ... but in my personal experience ... in terms of dress, architect's fall into one of three groups ... those who dress conservatively ... those who dress very casually and without tie ... and those who wear some variation of the "all black" look (with our without tie ... and with or without accents in addition to black).

And now ... some photos (hopefully in the public domain as I haven't permission to use any) of well known architects ... some more famous than others ... most (but not all) of them still in the quick.

Oh la la ... I like PJ's style in this photo ... and a don't give a damn that his buttons aren't "kissing". I'm not affectionate anyway. But tomorrow, I must remember to hug a model.

And given my signature ... I suppose I should include:

Less is more.
Less is a bore.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Wtf? I bought two Burberry squares very, very similar to the ones in the first set for GBP10 + shipping off eBay a couple of years ago.

These are a re-issue of the designs offered by Holland & Holland years ago. Consider yourself fortunate that you got some of the originals.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nine would be a more sensible minimum order of the same hanky in different colorways.
I'll take my usual gross, thank you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members