• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dolce & Gabbana Labels

hanker565

Reaction score
Is there any quality difference between black and white label Dolce shirts?

I recently picked up a couple white label shirts on discount...they don't seem as nice as a black label shirt I own (even though they have shell buttons and the black lbl one has plastic ones)

Any thoughts? Thanks

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they differentiate by label color, more of the name

D&G is more of a lower level shirt, and the shirts that actually spell out the name are considered higher level.

Although I could be wrong, I only on own one Dolce shirt so I can't really compare.

super

Reaction score
Hey didn't want to create a new thread,

but How are the quality on Dolce and Gabbana Mainline suits? Theres one that fits me really well off the rack and is discounted heavily from $2000 AU to about $1000AU which is like $600 for you guys in the US. Any ideas?

Also these have very narrow lapels, is this a bad thing if its going to be a suit for a young graduate's work? I was thinking it might be too trendy or something...

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hanker565
Is there any quality difference between black and white label Dolce shirts?

I recently picked up a couple white label shirts on discount...they don't seem as nice as a black label shirt I own (even though they have shell buttons and the black lbl one has plastic ones)

Any thoughts? Thanks

They (Dolce & Gabana) fit really slim and often have stretch in them. Quality of cotton fabrics is horrible. They loose color and create color creases after first wash.
If you r paying more than $30.00 you are wasiting your money.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
They (Dolce & Gabana) fit really slim and often have stretch in them. Quality of cotton fabrics is horrible. They loose color and create color creases after first wash.
If you r paying more than $30.00 you are wasiting your money.

Colour creases? Whats that? Got 1 mainline black label but I dry clean them.
Nice thick cotton with engraved Dolce buttons.

rexor12

Reaction score
I got a nice mainline dolce & gabbana suit on sale recently, it was from the "luxury" line and is great quality. The suits are either Martini (they have a "made in italy" label at the neck) or Luxury (these have a gold chain at the neck). The luxury line suits are better, they have a half-canvas construction and use better fabrics. The Martini line suits are trendier and has cheaper fabrics (cheaper prices too) overall

super

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply rexor12.

The suit i was looking at was a dolce and gabbana Martini line i guess, as it said made in italy on the tags. The suit fabric didn't feel awesome but it wasn't the worse either.

Are these suits not canvassed or something?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads