• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Matt's purple getup with the waistcoat didn't seem ordinary to me. This seems like a step back toward "clothes," at least compared with that.

My comment was based on Smith's original look that he had with Amy. Not the newer one with Clara, which I would agree with you on. That purple jacket always seemed odd to me.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He only wore the tweed sport coat in his first season, if I recall correctly. Then they switched him to the purple, while still with Amy & Rory. It'll be interesting to see if this sticks - or if it's even real.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He had one tweed in season 5 - a vintage Harris tweed. Then there was a big to do that, of all the jackets in England that could have been used, they went with a Harris tweed knock off made in china for season 6. Then there was the purple thing in 7.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

He only wore the tweed sport coat in his first season, if I recall correctly.  Then they switched him to the purple, while still with Amy & Rory.  It'll be interesting to see if this sticks - or if it's even real.

Nope. No purple in season 6.

Not even for half of season 7.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Interesting in that he does indeed look a lot more "ordinary" in these spy shots. I think the red lining adds a lot to the outfit and hopefully they are mindful of this while shooting.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread has been dead for a while, but I think it's time to post here since next season's not far off now. I caught up with the last 6 or so episodes this week and I'm really looking forward to an older actor playing the doctor again. I am a bit disappointed in his new outfit though. I could get behind the top part of it, even the invisible tie, it's a classic mod thing anyway. What I don't like are the pants they have chosen for him, they just seem ill-fitting and out of place in this outfit. Also, I don't care for the red lining of the coat (but that's a minor thing).

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those pants are a travesty. They should be crucified.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's hope so. I mean, I haven't particularly enjoyed any of the Doctor's clothes that much since the re-boot of the series, but at least they had the right amount of quirk to not just look like a guy going for "fashion" but totally missing the mark (like Capaldi's outfit). + I liked Matt's Harris Tweed jacket.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked both 11 and 10. 9 seemed extraordinarily lazy. 10 was a combination of contemporary hipster quirks, with an incongruous awareness of colour for a hipster twit (ever notice the way the Chucks were different Auth each suit, including black and white ones with Black Tie?) Then there was the impeccable overcoat, that demonstrated he knew just wharves he was doing, and the oddness was a conscious, informed choice.

11 had a great tweed, and he was young but wearing "old fashioned" things like tapered trousers, suspenders/braces and a bow tie. I liked the tweed, but I found the purple was more in keeping with the spirit of the character, especially the way Matt interpreted him.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new series is off to a good star I think 2 out of 3 with good plots so far. I assume I has not been broadcast yet in the USA so I will not spoil anything

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads