• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you think 3 for $89 USD is a good deal on CT shirts?

TexasToast

Reaction score
Personally I like CT shirts but it's a bit difficult to get some styles because they sell so fast. I wanted/needed some white spread collar shirts and saw this deal on Reddit so I went for it. I got two white spread collar shirts with French cuffs and a sweet looking CF cutaway Semi-Spread Collar Non-Iron Diamond Print Shirt - French Blue.

rjc149

Reaction score
Yes, a CT dress shirt for $29.60 is a steal.

The 3 for $99 promotions are being phased out for the 4 for $159. The CT shop in the World Trade Center will honor the 3 for $99 only if you show them proof that you saw this promotion somewhere. If I saw a 3 for $89 promo I would jump on it immediately.

TexasToast

Reaction score
Yes, a CT dress shirt for $29.60 is a steal.

The 3 for $99 promotions are being phased out for the 4 for $159. The CT shop in the World Trade Center will honor the 3 for $99 only if you show them proof that you saw this promotion somewhere. If I saw a 3 for $89 promo I would jump on it immediately.
Which CT do you like shopping at?

rjc149

Reaction score
Which CT do you like shopping at?
I've purchased all 12 of my CT shirts at the World Trade Center store using the 3 for $99 promo. I'm going to see if I can use it one more time. I've replaced most of my old shrunken dress shirts with CT.

I've also donated old dress shirts for a $10 rebate on any non-promo item, which I used to get a discount on a merino v-neck sweater.

I'm a fan of CT. I don't think I'd get anything except office grind dress shirts there, like a suit, but it's pretty unbeatable value.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I've purchased all 12 of my CT shirts at the World Trade Center store using the 3 for $99 promo. I'm going to see if I can use it one more time. I've replaced most of my old shrunken dress shirts with CT.

I've also donated old dress shirts for a $10 rebate on any non-promo item, which I used to get a discount on a merino v-neck sweater.

I'm a fan of CT. I don't think I'd get anything except office grind dress shirts there, like a suit, but it's pretty unbeatable value.

That's cool I've been to three of the CT stores in NYC and I've got some shirts online too. Ive replaced all of my old dress shirts with shirts as well. I too have donated a couple of shirts and gotten a discount. Lol lI'm m a fan too, I've been thinking about getting a custom shirt from CT I just need to pull the trigger on it.

jack webb

Reaction score
If you can get the fit right then I think CT shirts @ 4 for $159, or even 4 for $199 are good value for the money. Couple years ago I got some slim-fit flannel shirts from them that fit great. Tried again this year, but the fit was too loose. (This was online, no CT stores in my neck of the woods.)

TexasToast

Reaction score
If you can get the fit right then I think CT shirts @ 4 for $159, or even 4 for $199 are good value for the money. Couple years ago I got some slim-fit flannel shirts from them that fit great. Tried again this year, but the fit was too loose. (This was online, no CT stores in my neck of the woods.)
Im a bigger guy so I'm very happy I can get nice shirts in general. So far the shirts in my size have fit well, I may need to try a different size now that I'm losing a bit of weight.

rjc149

Reaction score
I've had all my CT shirts darted, since even the slim fit billows a fair deal around my midsection.

At 3 for $99 this is $33 per shirt, plus $20 for darting, leaving me with a fitted dress shirt for $53. For this to make sense, you need to get the shirt itself for less than $40. If you're paying ~$50 per shirt, and $70 with the tailoring, you're in the MTM price range. Although the CT shirt fabric feels relatively sturdy and I personally like the collar presence on them, and I paid $70 for an MTailor shirt which I'm not thrilled with (fits well but fabric feels quite cheap).

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Yes, with a couple of notes:

1. There are better dress shirts you can have for cheaper. Spier and Mackay shirts, on sale, go as cheap as $16. But their shipping to the US, return policy, size variety, and QA are not amazing. You can also go thriting and find amazing shirts with a $30 budget. There are probably other examples. But CT are very widely available in a lot of sizes with very consistent QA, and the quality for the price is still pretty good.

2. They're generally unremarkable in terms of style. If you want a really bold collar, or a special fabric, or an awesome pattern, or anything else special, you'll have trouble finding it at CT. Their bread and butter is ordinary dress shirts, with collars that aren't bad, at good enough quality. I have one of their "business casual" shirts in a herringbone cotton that I like, but even that just kind of reads like a chambray button down. Once you get a taste for the perfect collar roll, or a vintage spearpoint, or the perfect rayon camp print, CT's shirts will start to feel boring.

rjc149

Reaction score
I looked through the S&M catalogue of dress shirts, but they seem to have very limited availability for my size (15.5 / 32).

CT is like Subway. Not amazing, but decent, relatively healthy, affordable, available, and reliable. There's always one near you, and you always know what you're getting. If you're in unknown territory, you don't have to eat junk or roll the dice somewhere.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I considered S&M once but since they didn't have my size I moved on to CT. As much as I love CT shirts and rave about them I don't like that the run out of things pretty quickly I guess that's good for them lol. I've been wanting french cuffs for the longest and whenever I had the funds they never had any french cuffs in my size until now. I love that the ship sóoooooooooo fast to the USA, I think I'm going to do another 3 for $89 and I'll be set with some biz/casual shirts for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads