• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Diesel shoes

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of Diesel's casual loafer-type shoes on eBay, rubber-soled, made in what looks like distressed brown leather.

Can anyone comment on Diesel shoes? I don't think I've ever seen any before. Fit true to size? Decent quality leather? Long-lasting? Worth US$90 or so?

Thanks...

davei

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of Diesel's casual loafer-type shoes on eBay, rubber-soled, made in what looks like distressed brown leather. Can anyone comment on Diesel shoes? I don't think I've ever seen any before. Fit true to size? Decent quality leather? Long-lasting? Worth US$90 or so? Thanks...
In my experience: True to size: depends on the model, I've found different models to vary, some feel narrow, some feel wide, which may mean going up a 1/2 size. Quality of leather: nothing spectacular, I have two pairs of all leather sporty lace-ups, the leather is reasonably supple but the grain on both is uneven. Stitching is zig zaggy/loose in places, some glue residue is obvious (I'm extremely picky though, most people would not notice the glue.) Long-lasting: they're fashion shoes, doesn't matter if they only last a year because they'll be out of style by then anyway
I've had mixed experiences with my two pairs. One had issues with the sole peeling after a couple of months, the other has held up well (it became my "walk around in crap" pair after getting stained, surviving snow, mud, grass cutting, etc.) Worth $90US: hmm, I think I paid around $75-90 for mine (each) on sale, but I don't know if I'd buy another pair unless I was really enamoured of the style.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy