• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

designer jeans for a guy that works out

acesup_11

Reaction score
hi i play soccer and work out so i have some pretty big thighs.
So my question would be if 7 for all man kind and diesel jeans cant fit my legs what are my other choices... I know this is blasphemy on the board but it seems that the ezra brand of abercrombie and fitch are the only decent jeans that fit me.... I was especially upset about the 7 for all man kind jeans because the material is so good... please some recommendations would be nice... I put on a pair of 40 waist jeans in seven for all man kind and the legs fit but i usually wear a 34 to be a little comforable.... I spend all day trying on all the different kinds of styles and cuts and nothing fit... i like it be a little baggy in the legs not really tight. but not rapper baggy. so anyway i didn't end up getting anything so i would appreciate some help...

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how about you take out a tape measure, measure around your thighs. And then give us some waist and inseam measurements? That should provide a good starting point for others to give you suggestions.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

uhoh.gif
peepwall[1].gif
peepwall[1].gif

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Levi's '47 style (LVC '47, Cane '47, any other of a thousand copies) will be a loose straight fit, if that's what you want. In terms of bootfits there's equal selection. What are you looking for?

BTW, a soccer player on SuFu had something good to say about Samurai S5000s. The unfortunate thing is they're hard to try on unless you live in NY or SF

atroopan

Reaction score
eh.gif
Did you try the Seven relaxed fit or the standard? The relaxed should still fit you unless you're Ronnie Coleman

Nato

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
PC Rescues should do the trick. If you're a 34 waist, you can either get it in 32 or 33. 32 for them to be straight, 33 for them to be baggy. I'm only saying size down 1-2 because a 32waist rescue will measure about a 34 because of bad vanity sizing. If you want them baggy go with 33, if you want them pretty much straight, go with 32. I've never seen rescues anything but large so they should be ok for working out. You can email www.thedenimbar.net for thigh measurements for 32 and 33 rescues to make sure.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Galliano. He works out three hours a day and his jeans are phenomenal. I bought a pair at his flagship boutique in Paris last year.

Max

Reaction score
Gap Gough could work, if they're still around.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acesup_11
hi i play soccer and work out so i have some pretty big thighs.
So my question would be if 7 for all man kind and diesel jeans cant fit my legs what are my other choices... I know this is blasphemy on the board but it seems that the ezra brand of abercrombie and fitch are the only decent jeans that fit me.... I was especially upset about the 7 for all man kind jeans because the material is so good... please some recommendations would be nice... I put on a pair of 40 waist jeans in seven for all man kind and the legs fit but i usually wear a 34 to be a little comforable.... I spend all day trying on all the different kinds of styles and cuts and nothing fit... i like it be a little baggy in the legs not really tight. but not rapper baggy. so anyway i didn't end up getting anything so i would appreciate some help...

Wait....you usually wear a 34, but you tried on a 40 waist??

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Wait....you usually wear a 34, but you tried on a 40 waist??

I think hes saying the legs on teh jeans were so skinny, that the size 40 fit his massive thighs

savage

Reaction score
We really need to know what size those massive thighs are to give you a good selection. This thread reccomends 5ep - they do have a bigger thigh than most brands.. Samurai's are super nice, but I've never tried them on. Have you thought of Earnest sewn?

polishmike

Reaction score
I had around 26.5in thighs when I played and trained all year long. After an injury I'm down to maybe 24. I wear Samurai jeans without any problems, I have the s0500xx (competition jeans) and s5000 and I have a 32 waist. Unless you're Roberto Carlos I don't think you should have much problem finding well fitting jeans.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally someone with some big thighs to offer great info. Thanks mang.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Isn't drizzt a pretty big guy who also works out? He has an interesting jeans collection and might just be the person to ask.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the OP is kinda full of it, if you read the post, but yeah, I have reasonably big thighs and work out, and can wear most of the jeans that people here like (with the exception of the really slim stuff like Grifters, Slim Jims, Thin Finns, etc...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads