Denim Repair in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jaredg, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jaredg

Jaredg Well-Known Member

I have a couple pairs of raw denim where I am slowly working my way to busting the crotch. Anyone have recommendations for places in Toronto that do repair or preventative maintenance?

Thanks!

2. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Studio Kim at King W and Tecumseth.

3. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Not what you asked, but, do you know anybody with a sowing machine? I would do it myself/ask a friend, it takes like 3 minutes to fix...

4. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Second recommendation for Studio Kim - have taken multiple pairs there for crotch blowouts and they do a great job mending and/or reinforcing the area.

5. Jaredg

Jaredg Well-Known Member

Kim's got thrown under the bus on yelp but I trust you guys! Any suggestions for pants that are on the verge of a blowout?

6. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Yeah I'm always wary too if I see enough neg reviews on Yelp, but I've learned to take reviews on there with a grain of salt as well. I've taken at least 3 pairs there now for crotch repairs and have always been happy.....no follow-up repairs needed on any. I know the guys from Nomad speak very highly of them as well.

7. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Studio Kim does great work. Never had repairs done. But Kim has saved many a pair of pants from not fitting how I'd like. She's not the cheapest in the city, but I think it's worth it. She's one of the few tailors I've gone to who get why I'd want to protect the selvedge edge in tapering.

8. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

I work for United Stock Dry Goods and my office is behind Sydney's. We recommend Kim's to all of our clients.