• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D. Vacca

seanandnik

Reaction score
Well I am on my New York vacation with my daughter and we are walking down Fifth Ave. toward FAO Schwartz, when I spot out of the corner of my eye, Domenico Vacca ! Well I was in heaven! I loved the shoes, there was a sale on summer clothing and I was told by a great salesman, (Peter, I forget, asian looking guythough) to try on a lightweight cotton, almost mesh like, Polo. Well this is the softest, lightest cotton I have ever felt. So I sprung for $197 for a Polo, and to my embarassment I left the hotel quickly without my wallet or credit cards! This is after I tried on and said I would wear the new shirt out too! So I checked my pockets for cash and luckily I grabbed a few hundred for incindentals which my daughter would undoubtedly want/need. I think I took $400 and after a build a bear stop, a Trump Tower ice cream stop, an american girl stop, and a few others i forget, I had $180 left. So I counted out $180 the shirt was $240 before 30% off sale, so @ $197 with tax. The great salesman understood my dilemma and told me not to worry about it $180 was fine! So all in all a really, really great store with gorgeous clothing,(a zip up 2 sided pink/grey cashmere sweatshirt was on my list and I came very close, but even after sale deductions it was $1200, a little much, but worth every penny!) So great store, great stuff and great staff! Bergdorfs here I come!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow I'm vaguely reminded of "Polos and Lacoste" by Pastor Troy.

Anyway, have fun shopping.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes their odd trousers?

(Attolini also?)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanandnik
The great salesman understood my dilemma and told me not to worry about it $180 was fine!

$180 for a cotton polo! He must be a truly great salesman indeed.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Who makes their odd trousers?

(Attolini also?)

Based on the many D. Vacca slacks that were at Filene's Basment in DC about 3 months ago, there are at least two different makers of their slacks. Some clearly appeared to be made by Incotex, based on the interiors. Others -- I couldn't tell who the maker was. The more casual pairs seemed to be Incotex whereas the unknown maker seemed to be dressier slacks. By the way, I have a pair of Attolini odd slacks and I didn't see any comparisons indicating that the DV slacks were made by Attolini.
I ended up buying a bunch of DV Bermuda shorts. I would have sprung for some slacks but found them too narrow/slim-fitting, even in my size. I haven't been wowed by the construction quality of the shorts -- of the 4 pairs I bought, one pair has had the zipper break come unstitched (never seem that happen before) and in another the side-hem has come unstitched in one spot. On the other hand, the fabrics are fantastic and entirely unique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads