• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks

princemarko

Reaction score
So I was in the mood to buy some cufflinks and came across a website that has a PLETHORA of cufflinks that I would have never have thought of. This is what I bought:
cufflinkspremier_2038_40089340
But saw a few other cool ones like these, what do you guys think?
cufflinkspremier_2033_646887238
cufflinkspremier_2035_240635007
cufflinkspremier_2034_309173762
cufflinkspremier_2034_235217596
cufflinkspremier_2034_102513131

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by princemarko
The cufflinks are from cufflinks.com I personally like the old Scottish and Irish coins
Hmm, at these prices, I may as well have just bought some of the RTs that have been floating around recently. EDIT: Still, I agree, some very nice designs.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
I'm listening.
I can't write a comprehensive piece at the moment, so we will have to handle it in pieces. At the broadest level as with anything, bright line rules are for zombies who cannot make their own decisions. With clothing, the ability to determine when a clip link is good or bad is a fundamental element of taste. The ability to develop good taste is the ability to consider the elegance of items on a case by case basis and not just close the book. Ironically, trouble with something like cufflinks occurs when the subjective masquerades as the objective. Every set of cufflinks doesn't have to be imbued with some sort of divine elegance derived from someone's opinion in a book which may have been true during the time and place written but for which the reasons have long since evaporated. Depending on the cufflinks, sometimes a double side is more elegant, sometimes it is overkill. Sometimes people just want to get dressed quickly and the "clip" are easier. If all cufflinks were double sided, it would deter new entrants and the cufflink world would get smaller. I would agree that the more elaborate, unique or expensive the cufflinks, the less appropriate the clip style (But this doesnt rule out the T-bar style, sometimes with an icon replacing the t-bar) but do all cufflinks have to be like this? There are some very nice cufflinks that cost $40. I see a lot of bad cufflinks with the chain attachment. Truthfully, if I had a condemnation for the cufflink market, it wouldnt be the torpedo clip, it'd be the fact they are too small, and that the market has brainwashed people that small is elegant whereas it is just cost saving.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A well stated alternative to my trying to turn gents away from silk knots. Indeed.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're like garlic knots at the pizzaria-extra material rolled into balls & sold to the unsuspecting.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
... the cufflink food-chain.

eh.gif

I haven't been feeding my cufflinks anything at all. They're probably starving.

My favourite kind has a fixed back, so I don't have to worry about breaking off the little moving bits as I single-handedly (literally) try to flip the whale tail or torpedo over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads