• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's handwritten in. Couldn't everyone in the MTO just hand write it in after you agreed to numbering? This doesn't sound like a great reason not to participate. In the end though it's your money and not mine.

I participate man, numbering or not I have already sent my info. I just thought it would have been a nice thing to commemorate out little project here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you charged in full now or partial now and partial when they ship?

8.5D TTS
8D Barrie
7.5 UK Trickers 4497

7.5 on CJ 341????

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this MTO guys. If it works out, I'd love to do a Tetbury mto in Navy calf or Cordovan.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you charged in full now or partial now and partial when they ship?

8.5D TTS
8D Barrie
7.5 UK Trickers 4497

7.5 on CJ 341????

Your sizings certainly seems correct (same as me although several sizes smaller). Payment is in full at time of order.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am stoked for this.

I have wanted a pair of Whiskey Cordovan boots for a long time. I think that this may be my only shot at getting some.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ whiskey shell is pretty awesome color. It was a little light for my taste at first buy it darkened nicely. I also recently purchased a rider whiskey captoe boot. The shell was a little dry out of the box so I used that opportunity to apply dark brown saphir cordovan creme and I think I prefer it now. The rider whiskey now resemble the C&J whiskey which has a darker, redder hue

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We all know how well Alden shell is smooth and supple out of the box. C&J sometimes gets a bad rap for having dry shell but in the case of whiskey it wasnt really a problem. And if it is dry, it gives you the opportunity to create a darker color.

Alan K C

Reaction score
Called in my order, too good to pass in my size... thank you OP for organizing this MTO. Although, my wallet didn't think so.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the factory has accepted/approved the order? Or has anyone heard from Lauren as to the status? I know my CC has not been charged yet.

aldenfan

Reaction score

Last I heard from Lauren was that she would charge our cards early this coming week. She was waiting to hear back from a couple of people before she submitted the final order.

Yeah, I think she is finishing up collecting the last few people's CC info, including mine. I know she said she would call me Monday so I can give her my info.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent boot I went to try this boot in their Jermyn street shop but they did not have my size , good choice with the Ridgway sole which was my only concern at that time as the boot came on a double leather sole!

Please do post pictures once they arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads