• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corneliani Shirts ? Any experience ?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Corneliani shirts? If so would you care to comment on them? I am mainly concerned with fit and quality. I am a fan of their tailored clothing (for RL) and am curious if the same quality can be found in the RTW shirts.

Thanks in advance.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks doc, exactly the answer i am looking for.

are they not even worth getting the sides taken in?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depends on what you're paying, but I say that about most things.
laugh.gif
I would happily buy some if I found a good enough deal, but the price tag would have to be a good bit below $100 (or the shirts would have to be nicer than what I received).

My sample size is small, so I wouldn't put too much stock in my experience.

Enfant

Reaction score
Tried one before and the fit is tighter than say, Canali's more generous cut. The fabric is rather nice. It is certainly north of $200 a piece.

dclloyd

Reaction score
I've got a few Corneliani shirts and have to say I quite like them. Fabric is very nice, construction seems good and substantial MOP buttons. They are NOT a slim fitting shirt, but not as boxy as some of the others that are out there. I've had them taken in at the seams by my tailor and am quite pleased with the result.

Having said all that, I wouldn't pay the retail price for them ...
eh.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would not go so far as to say all Corneliani shirts are full, since I have a few that fit relatively slim (similar to RLPL, which is not super-slim, but its also not Brooks Brothers either). The collars on most Corneliani shirts I have seen are very nice, similar to Borrelli. The construction is also not bad for a middle price machine made shirt. Here are a couple of Corneliani I have posted recently:

aug229js3.jpg

thurs2th8.jpg

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
The construction is also not bad for a middle price machine made shirt.

This sums up my reaction pretty well. Seemed like a perfectly serviceable middle-price, machine-made shirt. But there are a lot of those out there, and so I tend to want either something unusual or a bargain. Mine were neither, but that didn't make them bad shirts.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The older ones I've had were cut VERY big. The more recent ones are a little slimmer but still not what I would call slim or fitted. I like some of the collars and styles and some of the fabrics I've seen have been outstanding. Construction is middle of the road. I've paid anywhere from $40 for sportshirts to $75 for dress shirts at various sales.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I've paid anywhere from $40 for sportshirts to $75 for dress shirts at various sales.

I think at this price they are a bargain, particularly if you're talking in terms of the currency formerly known as the northern peso..
tounge.gif

Toorman

Reaction score
I have no problem finding them on sale for under $100 but the fit is all over the place so I gave up on them.

heard546

Reaction score
I have 1 Corneliani dress shirt, and I love it. I have an ecru herringbone pattern shirts that can also double as a casual shirt. However, the fit was a little big for my size (16.5R), so I had it taken in for that slim fit look and feel. Overall, the quality is good. The price I paid was even better at 75% off original price. The Trend is a somewhat new line by the brand to capture a younger demographic. I am not sure about the quality or price. But the brand mgt team has been promoting it in GQ, Esqire, and Details for some months now.

pclldo

Reaction score
If they fit you well, as others have said, they're a pretty good value on sale. I find them to run pretty large in the chest/waist- I always have to have mine taken in. If you're ordering online, make sure you know if they have chest pockets or not- some do, some don't.

My biggest issue is that the dozen or so I have (all mainline, no CC pieces) seemed to shrink more in the collar than other RTW shirts, but the overall quality is very good if. I still have them all and they've held up very well. Oldest is getting up to 5-6 years, which is a long time for a shirt to last for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads