• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think he said he designed that facade and wants it visible?

I missed that. I’ll edit my comment.

I guess the problem here is there are too many restrictions to accomplish what he wants. So I’ll bow out of the discussion for now.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed that. I’ll edit my comment.

I guess the problem here is there are too many restrictions to accomplish what he wants. So I’ll bow out of the discussion for now.

Haha, I think everyone convinced me to use a larger landscape mirror. I'll also be adding the cuba folding chair to balance out the space. I'm looking for some good books to fill out the rest of the bookcases.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a media console. DWR sells the USM Haller console for about 700 less than what Vitsoe quoted me for something similar but with less storage. Other than wall-mounting, are there advantages to the Vitsoe?

Also, what do you think about the USM Haller in yellow?
I asked a similar question in January maybe. @gdl203 also suggested the String shelving system. I looked at all of them.

I ended up going with Vitsoe because it provided a little more flexibility in terms of configurations. One of the things that I wanted was to be able to hide a bunch of equipment while using open shelves for pieces that need to be accessed regularly with remotes or that wouldn't work as well in a cabinet (e.g. wifi router). Vitsoe also has cable conduit pieces that attach to brackets, and it was very important to my wife to hide as many cables as possible.

The folks at Vitsoe were extremely helpful with design options. We did most of the design ourselves, but Vitsoe helped with clarifying what would and wouldn't work around baseboards.

I'm really happy with the end result. It's not even a particularly big piece but it it fits the room extremely well, and not having anything other than a couple of footings resting on the floor is so much more visually pleasant.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once you get into the cable hiding life you can never go back. I have to keep all my power cords off the floor and now exposed cords just look like clutter to me.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone that far, but it is nice to have reduced the total number of cables and their visibility.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wait until you have everything from HDMI to Cat6 to speaker wire pulled through your entire house to hide cables.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least what I was trying to say is that a floor mirror won't achieve what he wants since the dining table is blocking the bottom half. It's better to put a floor mirror in a more open space.
Exactly. As did I.
It seems that you and I are repeating ourselves and yet the replies are both falling upon deaf ears and yet also being misconstrued (which is confusing to say the least).

So, last time:
I myself would never put a floor-length mirror in a moderate-to-heavily trafficked, highly constricted, space such as that particular dining area; subject to damage (potentially harmful to others); reflecting people's feet down below (definitely not "enlarging the space" at all); and reflecting the back of one eater's head and three other eaters' faces up above.

But, not my apartment, not my mirror, chacun à son own stuffs.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't gone that far, but it is nice to have reduced the total number of cables and their visibility.

One of the many things I miss from my last house is the floor box we had under the end table.

Wait until you have everything from HDMI to Cat6 to speaker wire pulled through your entire house to hide cables.

Talk dirty to me!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. As did I.
It seems that you and I are repeating ourselves and yet the replies are both falling upon deaf ears and yet also being misconstrued (which is confusing to say the least).

So, last time:
I myself would never put a floor-length mirror in a moderate-to-heavily trafficked, highly constricted, space such as that particular dining area; subject to damage (potentially harmful to others); reflecting people's feet down below (definitely not "enlarging the space" at all); and reflecting the back of one eater's head and three other eaters' faces up above.

But, not my apartment, not my mirror, chacun à son own stuffs.

Holy ****, I said I would go with the landscape/portrait mirror over a floor length mirror. I even agreed with everyone in terms of adding a chair and some ideas to fill the space with over whelming it. You are high maintenance and can't seem to let **** go. Are you like this when you argue with your wife?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worked on a building at MIT once, and as we toured one of the other facilities we were shown a "smart room". It was about 20' x 18' x 9' or so, and was indeed incredibly, amazingly "smart", really impressive.

The problem was that we were told that behind the walls, ceiling, floor, and from there back to the servers etc. (across the hall) there was something like a mile of cables. No joke, one mile.

Thinking to myself, "Well, not everyone has a bunch of eager MIT students ready to dismount/re-cable/re-mount wall/ceiling/floor panels at their beck and call...", I was going to make my million bucks selling snazzy new "plus size" cable concealers to hide people's old outdated cable concealers...but, my grand money-making idea was already outdated itsownself before I got back to the office. Day late, dollar short, yet again. :brick: :wink:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****, I said I would go with the landscape/portrait mirror over a floor length mirror. I even agreed with everyone in terms of adding a chair and some ideas to fill the space with over whelming it. You are high maintenance and can't seem to let **** go. Are you like this when you argue with your wife?
Your reply/comment is completely inappropriate, seriously.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Btw, under current technology at least, one of the best things I ever did was have ethernet cable pulled for a data drop at each corner of the house. It's easy to forget how much faster a physical connection still is plus I've two wifi routers at the opposite end from the router.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Btw, under current technology at least, one of the best things I ever did was have ethernet cable pulled for a data drop at each corner of the house. It's easy to forget how much faster a physical connection still is plus I've two wifi routers at the opposite end from the router.

If I had the opportunity, I'd run an Ethernet drop wherever a TV or desktop computer could be. Wires are faster, more reliable, and more secure.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yup. We have both HDMI and ethernet to our main TV but just use Roku for the other ones as they're just regular old 32" screens and that's fine for the exercise room and guest quarters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads