• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
I'm trying to do this as well. Looking to resole with the Vibram Morflex Sole. However can't find where to purchase this online. Any suggestions? If not online I'm willing to use an NYC cobbler.
Anyone have any advice on resoling beeswax DBs with a Vibram Cristy outsole? Any stores/repair shops in NYC? Would love to have them looking like this, not to mention the added durability in the rain

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Half-size down.

For chuck-taylor reference they fit the same size as Chucks. Half a size smaller than jack purcells.

Since I don't wear Chucks this didn't help me much. I went to Nordstrom Rack and found a pair of the beeswax DB's and found them to be true to size, as in they're the same as my brannock measurement and my dress shoe size

lairdofdunans

Reaction score
This was no good for me too...I have a wide fit so I actually had to go up half a size. Its strange, in the Clarks Originals I had to go for a 9.5F but in another pair of desert style boots they actually do in G fitting I fitted a 8.5 no problem...

I'd size down a whole. They run huge.

mp201

Reaction score
Weird. I'm usually a 9.5/10 and these 9's are about a size and a half too big for me, a good inch past my toe. I have had them for a while, so they could have adjusted their sizing

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find them as true to size as anything else - they're medium to wide fit and quite high above the arch.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find them as true to size as anything else - they're medium to wide fit and quite high above the arch.

I would tend to concur- I find the size is about as true as you would get , nowadays. .

lairdofdunans

Reaction score
I would tend to concur- I find the size is about as true as you would get , nowadays. .
Hmmm, what i find with these threads is that guys with what i would describe as a regular fit (aka size F) foot forget that those of us with a wider foot (size G) have major headaches with shoe size fittings. I tried a 9 and couldn't even get my foot into the shoe! The 9.5 was the solution hence why Clarks recommend going 'up' half a size. Obviously this won't apply to you regular footed chaps...

WestwardDrift

Reaction score
Hmmm, what i find with these threads is that guys with what i would describe as a regular fit (aka size F) foot forget that those of us with a wider foot (size G) have major headaches with shoe size fittings. I tried a 9 and couldn't even get my foot into the shoe! The 9.5 was the solution hence why Clarks recommend going 'up' half a size. Obviously this won't apply to you regular footed chaps...
I too have a wide foot and I had brought up the width problem with Clarks a while back in this thread. Everyone said to size down but I had to size up...well, sometimes. At one Nordstrom's Rack the US11.5M were listed as a UK10,5 G. They fit well. But at Designer Shoe Warehouse the US11.5M were tagged as a UK10.5 F and were too narrow. I had to size up half a size and even so they were narrower than the Rack boots. But some other sizes at DSW were G width. Emails to Clarks and DSW were no help. They had no way of knowing whether the medium width boots they were selling were F or G width. So much for mail order or ebay unless there is free shipping and returns.

p320sc

Reaction score
For those of you who found they only needed to size down a half size, did your Beeswax boots stretch a great deal?

I just bought a pair of Oakwood Suede DB's last month and they have been great. I have worn them every day for almost a month and have noticed minimal change in size, which I was worried about. They were maybe a tad big to begin with but its hard to tell.

I really want to order some Beeswax DB's as well, but was curious if they stretch more than the suede. I figured they might because the suede ones almost feel broken in out of the box. It seems like a lot of people are buying them so they fit really tight to begin with. Should I go a full size down or do you think a half size should be good? I just don't want the leather to stretch a lot, leaving me swimming in them.

EPrest90

Reaction score
Stupid question, best place to buy a pair of original desert boots, specifically in the Beeswax color? I don't want to pay full price for them...

jazzneel

Reaction score
I just bought my first Clarks Bushacre 2 Boots in dark brown from Amazon. They have a 25% sale right now on those actually, and I ended up getting them for $60!

redjar

Reaction score
Dear All, i need some advice. Awhile ago,i accidentally put some brown kiwi on my Bushacre and the dark patch and now i cant seem to remove it.. any idea what can be done to remove the dark kiwi patch? Thanks!

lairdofdunans

Reaction score
I would just polish them all over in your Kiwi Brown polish for an even colour. They'll lighten back again over time. Just apply a bit with a cloth and then use a brush to polish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads