• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
Waxing up clarks wont make them water proof. The way that the welt is constructed absorbs water into the boots. They'll never be able to keep your feet dry.

Hype1234

Reaction score
Well that sucks because I bought some. Guess ill have to practice my Goodyear welding haha. Regardless, they'll be better than my current ****** weather shoes (chuck Taylors)

mixProtocol

Reaction score
I coated a pair of my desert boots with two coats of Obenauf's LP (Sno-Seal should also work), melting each coat in using a hairdryer (and paying special attention to the welt). Sure, they're not completely waterproof, but they're close.... The trick was to make sure that the rough edges of the welt were completely covered in the wax. Of course, either of these will darken the leather.

bydandie

Reaction score
Just got a nice pair of Clarks DB in Amber Gold. I had to size down from my normal size (I'm an 11.5 in F, but the 11 in an F was fine), but the Euro size is what I normally have. The sizing is weird! :(

ac_slater

Reaction score
2 things.

1. Be careful with the hairdryer when applying LP. The glue around the welt is very easy to melt and this is a great way to make sure your DB's are not waterproof AT ALL if you get too hot with the dryer.

2. The Horween Clarks run half a size large.

NormanF

Reaction score
2 things.

1. Be careful with the hairdryer when applying LP. The glue around the welt is very easy to melt and this is a great way to make sure your DB's are not waterproof AT ALL if you get too hot with the dryer.

2. The Horween Clarks run half a size large.

The Horween Clarks Desert Boots are based on exact UK sizing. In standard Clarks, I can go down half a size from my American usual size. I wear the Horween in UK 8.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clarks DBs are not meant for trudging in snow and rain. I wear them year-round but not if they're going to get soaked.

SteAN87

Reaction score
First post - need advice

Need to clean my CDBs beeswax for the first time, pretty filthy at the moment but I'm hoping to keep the colour and not darken them like a lot of people prefer to. Any tips and products to use? Bare in mind I'm in the uk.

These are the boots.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
lexol, saddlesoap, etc.

make sure you condition them after you use soap to clean them as the soap will dry them out a bit.

stevend626

Reaction score
So any word on whether Amazon has the beeswax in the new, dark leather or original, lighter leather? They took em off the site for a while because there was something wrong with their stock according to customers. Could they have been talking about the newer leather?

Promotion!:If you haven't subscribed up to Amazon's emails, they're offering a 20% discount when you sign up. That makes the beeswax $68 right now in my size.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some sizing advice.

I typically wear 9D and 9.5D in most American sizes.

So something with a narrow last (5-last, Allen Edmonds), I usually take a 9.5D, but for something a bit more wider than that, I take a 9D.

Not sure if this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads